How to Flash 5.9.905 GB, 6.7.246 ICS or 98.72.22 JB with Rsdlite

1. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

I'm sure this has been asked and answered a zillion times but whats the difference in the regular and the "stock modified" versions?
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Stock modified is the same file with a modified .XML script that avoids formatting your internal storage
    OutOfPhase likes this.
  3. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

The stock modified will save your data.
    johnlgalt likes this.
  4. Bankswood

Bankswood Well-Known Member

OK so I wanted to install .232 I was on .223 so I tried to flash back to .902. Everything in RSDLite seems to run fine but at the end after the little dud is out of the box it sticks at the red Motorola Logo and RSDLite says to boot this phone manually. I cant turn the phone off without disconnceting it from the computer and pulling the battery. When I put the battery back in and reboot it sticks at the red logo again.

Any suggestions?

update: was able to get around bootloop by getting into stock recovery and factory resetting
  5. OutOfPhase

just an fyi if you get through all the steps in rsdlite you can pull the cord and reboot the phone yourself.
  6. welbinator

welbinator Well-Known Member

I'm assuming it's OK if everything under "Device Properties" in RSD Lite is N/A?

ALSO

You said it wil show 22/22 when completed. Right now I'm looking at 19/20.
  7. OutOfPhase

n/a is fine if you using the full fxz then its 22/22 if it is the modified is 19/19
  8. welbinator

so since mine is 20/20 what the hell did I download?
  9. OutOfPhase

what where you on before you started
  10. welbinator

like .866 or something like that.

I was using the Liberty 2.0 rom, so whatever version that is.

I'm worried, I've been on the boot screen for a long time now. I've had nothing but trouble with modding this phone. It's why I wanted to flash a stock version. I hope my phone isn't hosed.
  11. OutOfPhase

looks like you used the custom rom modified which is fine. after it is done it can take awhile for it to reboot. if it went through all the steps 19/19 20/20 or 22/22 it is complete. wait a little longer and it should boot up. first time takes the longest.
  12. welbinator

yeah I know, but 30+ minutes?
  13. OutOfPhase

unplug it and pull the battery.
  14. welbinator

then try rebooting or retry the flashing process?
  15. OutOfPhase

try rebooting
  16. welbinator

15 minutes in boot loop. I'm going to reflash 905.
  17. OutOfPhase

i would flash the full 5.9.905
  18. welbinator

by that you mean FXZ the 905 like the instructions in this thread? as in, retry what I already tried?

or do you mean the regular 905 as opposed to the modified 905?
  19. OutOfPhase

as in the regular not modified
    welbinator likes this.
  20. welbinator

just to be sure, the 905 modified zip file should have been 680 MB, right?
  21. OutOfPhase

yes it is this one Stock Modified 5.9.905 (md5 sum f7c66ab368f1be30a1b77ba157b96347)
  22. welbinator

k, I was just checking because sometimes the zip files dont download correctly and you can easily check by how big the file is and how big it's supposed to be.
  23. OutOfPhase

If you use the free md5 checker in the beginning of the thread, get the md5 of the file you downloaded and match it to the one I posted you will know it is the right file and it is not corrupt.
    welbinator likes this.
  24. welbinator

just to be clear, since I'm a moron and forgot to backup my internal storage, and since the 902 modified won't flash either, anything I had on my internal storage is now gone forever once I try the regular 905? there's no way to extract that data anymore right?
  25. OutOfPhase

sorry it is gone. I would have told you to only keep pictures and videos because there is something on your phone that is not jiving with the android system.