How to flash ROMs

Last Updated:

1. scheng12

scheng12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 7, 2009
    I rooted using the SMUpdater and am now running Sholes 2.03. To flash other ROMs, would it just be a matter of downloading the file and installing that from recovery?

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Nov 17, 2009
    Same question here. I have a rooted Droid and want to install Bugless Beast. Is it as easy as loading the and running it, or do I have to go through all the SPRecovery code and nandroid backup first? That's intimidating to a n00b like me :D but I can install an just fine.
  3. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    You should always nandroid backup before you load a new ROM.

Also, you have to go through SPRecovery to load the, so it's not really much of an extra step.

Load onto sdcard.
    Boot to recovery
    Backup / Restore
    Advanced Nandroid Backup
    Name your backup.
    Create backup
    allow install
  4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Also it is usually a good idea to wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache before flashing a new ROM. Sometimes it will work fine but you tend to end up with bits and pieces of the old ROM. Everything can be done from SPRecovery so it is pretty easy.
  5. dfran1

dfran1 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Just in case one does not know how (I usually just update from Bbeast, I have not did the nandroid way yet), this may help someone reading this.
    I posted this elsewhere ::::

For all the noob's like me just follow instructions here

[How To] Easily install Bugless Beast using only SPRecovery, Terminal Emulator, & zip - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

(Matth3w is updating this starting today so these step #'s may change)

If you have the bbeast on your phone you just need to do steps 34-42

If you have the bbeast on your phone you just need to do steps 46-40 wifi tether, the bbeast has everything ready for you but the app! (I had to do a nandroid restore cause I could not find this info until after I did it and screwed it up, a restore is very simple also)

and I copied this from another forum in case someone wants this method
    I hope this helps other noob's like me and I also hope I can post this info here!
    Thanks to all
    Good luck

Always remember to backup first (the stuff in bold), it helped me out, and restores everything to that point in time you created it (just like a ghost image of your computer)
    and like everyone else says
    DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! But it is really easy once you do it.;)