• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Flash the Huawei Ascend to Stock

These directions are for Cricket
the previous post contains directions for MetroPCS

Force Update Method
(Recommendation : When the OS of handsets could not start up successfully)​

Download the Following Package:
Cricket Stock Recovery Package
d97ed410ffa518c689e2444d21007daa M860V100R001C153B251SP03.zip

1) Copy "dload" folder to SD card
2) Switch off the handset ,then press "Volume Control Upper Key +End Key+ Power Key"
3) Showing successful
4) Remove battery one second ,then power on ,waiting till the os start up

Still nothing after spending couple hours starting over and redoing this process multiple times. I just get a pink screen holding the buttons down and nothing ever happens.

Upvote 0
These directions are for Cricket
the previous post contains directions for MetroPCS

Force Update Method
(Recommendation : When the OS of handsets could not start up successfully)​

2) Switch off the handset ,then press "Volume Control Upper Key +End Key+ Power Key"
3) Showing successful
4) Remove battery one second ,then power on ,waiting till the os start up

Normal Update Method

2) Settings--SD card & Phone storage--Software Upgrade

I F'n love you who ever you are, you saved my girlfriends phone with your advice! i stayed up 7 hours from 11pm til 5 am working on this phone and you helped me out so much! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Upvote 0
How to flash the Huawei Ascend back to Stock:

Note: All credit goes to semyazza at xda-developers site.

Huawei Ascend - Flash Back to Stock - xda-developers

HOWTO : Flash the Huawei Ascend to stock
by semyazza

These directions are for metroPCS the next post contains directions for Cricket

Fastboot Method
(Note:This method will work even if the phone will not start or go into recovery)​

MetroPCSStock Recovery Package with Scripts
678041208774eab0aed1005f287d71ab MetroStockRecover.7z

1)Attach phone to USB
2)Power Phone Off
3)Enter Fastboot (End Call + Volume Down - while phone turns on)
4)Run script relevant to your OS
metroPCSStock-linux.sh
metroPCSStock-mac.sh
metroPCSStock-windows.bat
5) Your phone will automatically reboot

WARNING: Only the linux version has been tested. All other versions should work though. DO NOT power off the phone during the process.

Nandroid Method
(Note:Working custom recovery is needed for this method)​

MetroPCS Stock Nandroid Backup (Phone Right Out of Box)
663fab87380e87c8c158a2f5d0c4495e MetroPCSStock.7z

1) Place nandroid backup files into a directory on sdcard:
/nandroid/mem=211M/stock/
2) Boot into recovery (Send Call + Volume Up - while phone turns on)
3) Go to Backup/Restore.
4) Select Nand restore
5) Select mem=211M
6) Select folder named "stock"
7) Proceed with on screen instructions

I don't understand the Nandroid backup and I cant do the other one since I'm on a MAC where do I put the files? Help please thanks

Upvote 0
Fastboot Method
(Note:This method will work even if the phone will not start or go into recovery)
http://www.filedropper.com/metrostockrecoverhttp://www.mediafire.com/?my9b4a3bbfs212e Updated Link
678041208774eab0aed1005f287d71ab MetroStockRecover.7z

1)Attach phone to USB
2)Power Phone Off
3)Enter Fastboot (End Call + Volume Down - while phone turns on)
4)Run script relevant to your OS
metroPCSStock-linux.sh
metroPCSStock-mac.sh
metroPCSStock-windows.bat
5) Your phone will automatically reboot

WARNING: Only the linux version has been tested. All other versions should work though. DO NOT power off the phone during the process.

Upvote 0
I did it a lil different. I took a nandroid backup n put all the files in a folder n named it stock. Then I put that folder in the CWM/backup/ folder, then just did a restore thru CWM like a normal. Worked for me and thats how we got LuLu back up and running, well almost, LuLu dl'ed the zip file I uploaded and did a install zip from sdcard. This method might be a lil easier for those who cant grasp installing the SDK's or to cheap to buy a usb card reader lol

I like your wiki, a few things on there I wanna check out :)

This seems to be working for me. I'll let you know the results :)

Upvote 0
Had to flash to stock this AM, and found that the recovery ROM is an updated version from what my phone came with originally. It has cleaned up some lag issues and has some 2.2 like features in the interface. I tired it rooted and bloat-frozen, and it runs OK. NOT in the same league as CM7, but for non-root users or those that like rooted stock, it might be an option.

Normal Update Method

http://www.filedropper.com/m860v100r001c153b251sp03

2) Settings--SD card & Phone storage--Software Upgrade

Upvote 0
I have the metro pcs ascend and when i press and hold the end button with the volume down button and power on it gets stuck on the huawei screen. I just started my account with this site but i have used it in the past for everything with my phone. Jazz you have helped me countless times but for some reason this time it isnt working. Is there another way i can try to go about this.

Upvote 0
I tried to do this step by step, it's been an hour and the black window is on my screen and it's says < waiting for device >
What gives? I really need to flash my phone back to stock, it's a metro pcs and im using windows xp.

go to device manager and remove adb android 1.0 than uninstall the drivers and reinstall them. ascend usb drivers.rar

Upvote 0
Ok yesterday i was messing around with my ascend( i have metro), and i acidently added cricket to my phone which totally messed it up. It took me hours to fix. Anyway, when i got metro back on my phone, it says no data connection, so i cant do anything, like call people, text, misc.
Sooooooooooo........... What do i do?!?!?!?!?:thinking::mad:

Upvote 0
Ok, like i said, i asccidently flashed my phone to cricket, and now i got it back to metro, now i have no data service( and b4 u say FLASH IT, i did that a 100 times and didnt work) so what do i do?:thinking::thinking:

If you are back on METRO & still have no data service,just take it to a METRO dealer to reset,if hitting the 'FACTORY RESET' button isn't working for you.Also,on CRICKET,we dial *228 to get a refresh signal.Don't know what the METRO equivalent is.Also,make sure you're not in 'ROAMING' mode.

EDIT: The *228 function should work on both CRICKET & METRO PCS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones