How to Flash Your Transform to StockTips

Last Updated: 2012-05-20 02:23:55
  1. [TheAndroid]

[TheAndroid] Well-Known Member

Making your phone stock removes all apps, ROMs [Point Blank ROM, Froyo builds] Root access, and your custom recovery.

Your going to need to download this file named 'full_restore_stock.zip'.

full_restore_stock.zip

This is your key to making your phone stock. Download the file, plug your Transform into your computer and mount the SD card. Copy/cut the full_restore_stock.zip and put it into 'sdx', and then into the child folder 'zip'. (Also known as /sdcard/sdx/zip) Disconnect your phone and reboot your phone into recovery mode via 'Quick Boot' or manually by turning off your phone and then booting into recovery mode.(Volume down, voice button, power button)

Note. You can just download the file from your phone and put it into the sdx zip folder via a file manager.

Open the console in recovery mode. Press enter and then type 'rfs'. Your phone with say 'Success to format' about 3 times and then boot back into recovery mode. Now go to 'Apply zip from SD card' and apply your file full_restore_stock.zip (Menu, then home to confirm) Now go back to your menu and reboot to system. You will now have a totally stock phone. No custom recovery, root access, or modifications of any kind.

All credit for this goes to Vampirefo on SDX. I just wrote this guide.

Advertisement
    shahhere and mbaldwin622 like this.
  2. k9rosie

k9rosie Well-Known Member

Can this jack up your phone in any way?
  3. [TheAndroid]

Its just about impossible haha
  4. k9rosie

So then what happens if I restart my phone when I type rfs accidentally or if my zip is corrupted?
  5. [TheAndroid]

If your zip is corrupted? Unlikely, and your phone would still boot into recovery thus you could still fix it. Same with typing rfs, it would boot to system and probably work for like a day and then you'd have to boot into recovery and fix it. Your just about fool proof.
  6. mjfadaway

mjfadaway Member

ok right now im in recovery mode and it has 4 options to choose from

1. reboot system now
    2. apply sdcard: update.zip
    3. wipe data/factory reset
    4. wipe cache partition

not sure which one to choose to restore to stock?

I tried to press enter and rfs but nothing happened.
  7. k9rosie

Dude, you're already stock.
  8. mjfadaway

mjfadaway Member

But this superuser icon will not go off my phone. Its still there even after a hard reset
  9. k9rosie

Then you must be rooted without custom recovery. How did you root?
  10. mjfadaway

mjfadaway Member

I haven't done anything. I bought this phone used a few days ago, and this icon was on it. But I need to take it into Sprint for repairs and need that icon off first.
  11. k9rosie

The guy you bought it from must have rooted it but was stupid enough to not install custom recovery along with it. You're gonna have to flash back to stock the natural way, but doing this can dangerous if you don't pay attention.
  12. mjfadaway

mjfadaway Member

How do I do that?
  13. [TheAndroid]

I already posted this on your thread... But since you havn't looked at it here it is.

Download and install the SW Updater Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe (86,252 KB). This will require you to reboot your computer after it is installed.
    2. Download the Kernel/Recovery file SPH-M920_MR1_DI11A_REL.tar.md5
    3. Navigate to c:\Program Files\Samsung Electronic\SWUpgrade\Models\Binary and delete EVERYTHING inside of this folder.
    Note that in 64bit versions of Windows, you need to be in c:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung Electronic\SWUpgrade\Models\Binary
    4. Run SWUpdater and follow it's instructions
  14. k9rosie

15. k9rosie

I tried typing "rfs" but it said command not found or something. I'm running vampirefo's overclock kernel.
  16. k9rosie

Bump, I need a reply to this since the update for 2.2 is right around the corner. Is there another way I can apply this zip without typing rfs?
  17. [TheAndroid]

Vampirefo made this only with the ability to flash rfs. Also it was smart because if you did something like ext4 it wouldn't be stock and probably would screw up your phone if you did the 2.2 update, if thats what you were wondering. As it stands now this is the only way to do it unless you want to use SWUpdater and all of that stuff.
  18. speeder760

speeder760 Well-Known Member

Hes not worried about the file system rfs he just cant get it to take the command.
    Use SW updater and flash stock rom.
    Flashing back to stock.
    Although i wouldnt do it yet, not until its officially out.
  19. k9rosie

Exactly, but I can't use SWupdater, which is why I came here.
  20. speeder760

Why cant you use sw?
    when you typed rfs did you press enter first?
    and also after typing rfs did u give it a minute or two?
  21. k9rosie

1)Because I have a Mac
    2)Yes
    3)No
  22. speeder760

Howd u root in the first place than? Lol.
    Well that might be your problem, after u press enter, than type rfs it should say something, im guessing what u saw,than after like a min at most itll say "sucess to format", itll say this three times each time will be on a different command line.
    If u see this than it means it worked, so try again but give it a min before u exit.
  23. k9rosie

This is what I did (in steps):
    1. I went to recovery
    2. I went to the console
    3. I pressed Enter
    4. I typed rfs
    5. It gave me an [rfs] not found error
  24. [TheAndroid]

Rosie, would you be able to use SWUpdater from another PC? Even at a library would work.
  25. k9rosie

Wouldn't I need admin rights to install it? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have those at a public place.