[How-To] Force 2/2/2010 OTA UpdateTips

1. what29

what29 Well-Known Member

maybe i missed something but how do we apply it to an unlocked bootloader, every time i try it gives me the "verification failed' error and aborts installation
  2. bazookafx3

bazookafx3 New Member

How long do I hold the power and volume button for at the caution logo? It doesn't seem to want to update
  3. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

I think this is a "feature" of the unlocked bootloader, to prevent OTA updates from ruining root access.

I dunno if XDA already has a modified version of this up yet that will work with the unlocked bootloader (as well as preserve root).

I'll add this to the FAQ.
  4. blisk

blisk Member

Also check out the maps program. Its been updated... we now have turn by turn navigation. Also street view for selected points and you can enable street view compass which allows you to do a google sky map sorta thing and move your phone around and it'll move the street view around. Awesome.

I wanted to see if they fixed the pink that pops up in the center of the image when you're taking a picture and even viewing stuff through it. Unfortunately its not fixed but whats good is I figured out that its probably a software thing. Swipe out the settings on the left side and change the white balance. Seems to go away significantly if not completely on some settings.
  5. Trebek

Trebek New Member

Thanks man! Worked a treat (from an Australian with a US ordered Nexus One)
  6. Bob Loblaw1

Bob Loblaw1 Well-Known Member

Just did the manual update and it worked perfectly. Thanks!
  7. osubrad04

osubrad04 Member

I just attempted to install this update and when I get to the final step "apply sdcard:update.zip".... i get an error that says "E: signature verification failed" "installation aborted". What am I doing incorrectly here? Anyone wanna help a new guy to Android?
  8. blackberrycubed

blackberrycubed Active Member

^^^ i am getting the same error !!! help
  9. blackberrycubed

ok figured it out.... stupid windows had named the file update.zip.zip ........
  10. ryanyo88

ryanyo88 New Member

This has all been in Android for a while now - not new from the update. The street view thing was pre 1.5 lol.
  11. 3rd-Geer

3rd-Geer Well-Known Member

probably a silly question, but does your phone have to be rooted to do this manual update? I left my damn chord at work so I have to wait until I get in to update....can't wait! Thanks!
  12. blackberrycubed

no you dont have to be rooted....
  13. ryanyo88

ryanyo88 New Member

No it doesn't have to be rooted. Let loose!
  14. kei6193

kei6193 Member

does this work for the droid also?
  15. laughter95

laughter95 Well-Known Member

this update still doesn't provide multitouch across the whole phone, just a couple apps. what's annoying is that the multitouch browser doesn't automatically resize the text so you can read it without scrolling back and forth, unless you hit one of the plus/minus buttons.

the multitouch on the gallery isn't as accurate as on the browser either.

also I was looking forward to using multitouch when I'm reading news articles from google news but this didn't get applied to the multitouch update either. I'm thinking dolphin is still the better browser with its automatic resizing of text and its tabbed browsing.
  16. laughter95

laughter95 Well-Known Member

this update still doesn't provide multitouch across the whole phone, just a couple apps. what's annoying is that the multitouch browser doesn't automatically resize the text so you can read it without scrolling back and forth, unless you hit one of the plus/minus buttons.

the multitouch on the gallery isn't as accurate as on the browser either.

also I was looking forward to using multitouch when I'm reading news articles from google news but this didn't get applied to the multitouch update either. I'm thinking dolphin is still the better browser with its automatic resizing of text and its tabbed browsing.
  17. Slow_racer

Slow_racer New Member

yea im getting the same error too....
  18. hasteveha

hasteveha New Member

What's the best way to reset all the settings to default? I want it like the first day I got it. I saw in the recovery console there was a place for formatting? Is that safe to do?
  19. FlipDroid

FlipDroid Active Member

I am also wondering this same question...
  20. happyantix

happyantix New Member

Considering it's made for the Nexus i would highly doubt it...
  21. carlz28

carlz28 Well-Known Member

+1
    But I doubt it will work for DROID.
    Was actually thinking of trying to use the link and update it, but, not willing to take that chance haha. :p
  22. FlipDroid

FlipDroid Active Member

they are practically the same phone, so maybe it will work?
  23. pongalong

pongalong New Member

Will this void the warranty or violate the TOS in anyway like rooting?
  24. SickNick

SickNick New Member

Success! Worked, did it in like 2 minutes. First you pick bootloader, then recovery mode, and follow the rest of the steps.

It does seem much faster, and I noticed they made the boot up animation much faster looking.

All the pinch to zoom stuff works like a charm.

The whole thing couldn't have went smoother.
  25. vsnlweb

vsnlweb New Member

I am getting that as well, gonna try and do it without the phone plugged into my mac...