How to force an app to run in background? ie a media player?

Last Updated:

1. EpicTwiglet

EpicTwiglet New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone/anyone lol.

I use myPlayer to stream BBC iplayer content, and it works brilliantly, but if i lock the phone the app closes, or if i switch to another app it also closes. this is annoying as i want to stream radio in the background. on my old symbian phone i could do this easily.

The reason for this, as anyone with a HTC desire wil know, is the fmtuner is crap and on a large number of desires, doesnt work at all.

please help!

cheers

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

If it only closes when you lock, you can use an app called NoLock, and temporarily disable the locking. Otherwise, whether or not the app stays running in the background is entirely up to the app and the developer.

3. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

I really do not think there would be any way to force an application to run. Especially with multimedia the apps are designed in a way so they do not overlap or run excessively. I have been thinking that I want to do that with youtube app but I know it will not work. What I suggest you do is skip the locking thing by disabling it from the options and use your application freely. If you are using it in the car make sure the phone is plugged in the car charger otherwise battery could be a problem.

4. EpicTwiglet

EpicTwiglet New Member This Topic's Starter

Nah the locking is not really a problem as i put it in a case. But if i want to send a message or check my mail or anything, i have to close the app and then go through all the options to get it opened again. Very annoying. Oh well will have to wait for someone to fix this then.