• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Force The Bug Fix Update

Thanks for this! As a note, this will work using a Wi-Fi network in the place of a 3G network. That's how I ran it.

This was sadly a necessity for me as I bought the phone on ebay, had it shipped to Canada, unlocked it, and am using it on the Fido network where the radios can't see the 3G Network. When Wind Mobile launches here, which runs on all the same frequencies as T-Mobile, I should have beautiful 3G (which was the plan all along)!

Hey how did you do it on wifi cause i am in the same boat as you were except i am running on at&t network please help me out

Upvote 0
Thanks for this! As a note, this will work using a Wi-Fi network in the place of a 3G network. That's how I ran it.

This was sadly a necessity for me as I bought the phone on ebay, had it shipped to Canada, unlocked it, and am using it on the Fido network where the radios can't see the 3G Network. When Wind Mobile launches here, which runs on all the same frequencies as T-Mobile, I should have beautiful 3G (which was the plan all along)!

Yeah. I would also like to know how you forced the update through wi-fi.

Upvote 0
nope. nothing. it say that i have to wait 10 minutes for the update then it reboot and it starts normal and no update.... i've been trying for 3 hours already and nothing happen! i dont know what else to do!

I am in same boat. Did an ODIN back to Twiz stock out of the box, did all the steps, got the Congratulations message and upon reboot, nothing new!

I honestly think this will only work if you already are on the list to be updated already!:mad:

Upvote 0
Is this update/fix really worth manually pushing? I mean what's the advantage of having the update when I'm running BH_MAN's BH2 Stock rom perfectly fine? I could understand if I were running stock out of the box, but my phone is fast and having zero problems right now. Someone sell me on this. :)

i agree! im also running the hybrid rom.. i did the batter trick.. i now have a charge that lasts me 2 days.. the phone itself is fast.. curious if its worth the update myself

Upvote 0
I got my update at 1:45 am Friday morning. I was using my phone and briefly saw the arrows in the left corner but did not get the update. This happened a couple times. I think my using the phone interrupted it.

I finished what I was doing and robooted the phone and got the arrows and left it sitting. It downloaded and I got the pop up and clicked go. It gave a progress bar and rebooted and voila update.

If you have seen the arrows but did not get the update try rebooting and leaving the phone alone. It seems like it may not download the update if you are using the phone at the time.

If you called to check your imie number and they didn't help you (happened to me once) just call again. You will most likely get someone else. Keep trying until you get someone who knows what you are talking about. If they have the wrong number on file you wont be able to get the update most likely. If you exchanged the phone for any reason or won the phone the number on file is probably wrong.

I think they wont push it to you just because you request it but the system seems to be pushing it out at all hours.

Upvote 0
i agree! im also running the hybrid rom.. i did the batter trick.. i now have a charge that lasts me 2 days.. the phone itself is fast.. curious if its worth the update myself

From tmonews Known issues solved

Bluetooth error: Unable to Pair or Unable to connect device (I never had this problem)

Battery indicator may display more charge than the phone has

Holding menu opens keypad, but does not respond, now goes to contacts. (Not true still brings up the keyboard)

Phone constantly vibrates (I never had this problem)

Memory card un-mounts and re-mounts intermittently (I fixed this problem with a better quality sd card)

Music plays automatically when accessing the music player

Incoming emails do not show the return email address

Corporate emails stop syncing

New additions Evernote application added Where

Upvote 0
So I tried to install BH_MAN's hybrid ROM again after the update and I got hung up at the pulsing Samsung Logo. After ODIN'ing back I can no longer access the update using this method. Any thoughts or ideas around what to do next? Is there a way to create an ODIN image after getting the update?

K

Upvote 0
Notahotshot:

I'm right there with you. My reason for upgrading is the proximity sensor and battery life. Neither deal breakers, just nice to fix.

Now if only TMO would send me the stupid fix.

I know how you feel. I was beginning to think I wouldn't get it. I had gone back and forth from stock to galaxy to stock/no TWiz. I thought I had missed my spot on the list.

I just left it bone stock except for handset sms and beautiful widget. I called to check my imie number and did the dial code and just decided to be patient.

The thing is having done that and now that I have the update I think I may root just so I can run Setcpu and delete the dumb demo games. Other than that I'll just leave the phone as is. At least until someone gets a stable OS update Rom working.

Reactions: chadmd23
Upvote 0
hey guys im having a problem getting the update..ive tried all your previous posts but nothing has worked! done the DM intialze, running everything stock, I tried production setting, lab setting. The arrows just show up for 20 seconds and disappear..I reboot the phone, nothing. battery is fully charged, getting 3g signal..what more?? suggestions and help please!

Upvote 0
Can Somebody With a Default Update Do this For me?

adb pull /system C:\BH2 ( C:\BH2 = Your File Folder ) then upload the file's and Post them here?

Since I'm still waiting on the Update myself, I've had a brief chat with my Source at Samsung & he confirmed there isn't nothing life chaning in the kernel regarding problems. All fixes was addressed mainly to the OS it's self.

The Faster I can get the System Dump of the Update, the Faster I roll out updates to the system.img for everyone..

I've asked before, & sorry to ask again... Just eager to get the Dump is all.
Thanks,
BH_MAN

Reactions: tritran18518
Upvote 0
Well I just got off the phone with TMO, I'm now in a 72 hour hold pattern to receive the update. They forwarded my request to engineering (again, but there was no record of it the last time). I'll update you when I get the update. The rep I spoke to was very knowledgeable about the update, knew the time frame and also how it was deployed differently from other Android updates.

Upvote 0
Well I just got off the phone with TMO, I'm now in a 72 hour hold pattern to receive the update. They forwarded my request to engineering (again, but there was no record of it the last time). I'll update you when I get the update. The rep I spoke to was very knowledgeable about the update, knew the time frame and also how it was deployed differently from other Android updates.

To get the update, do you ALWAYS have to be running TouchWiz just like in this "force" method? Because everytime I switch to touchwiz I see the red and blue arrows again but nothing happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones