1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[How-To] Force the Official Android 2.2 Froyo Update for the Motrola Droid (FRG01B | Update 1 of 2)

1. Wawdy24

Wawdy24 Member

For the guys who have rapidshare accounts ... I placed an upload there if that makes things easier to get out to the public??
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

OK, so somehow you have SPRecovery on the phone, but you're not rooted anymore.

Hmmm....

I'd start again from the very beginning of the guide, making sure you follow each step.

Also, pick one method or the other and do all steps over again - including downlaoding the file again (I recommend using the Google link, posted earlier in the thread, page 3, and then renaming it to update.zip). make sure you stick to the same method al the way through, don't move from one to the other.

Actually, before that, do you ahve all your stuff backed up? If so, try performing a factory reset and *then* try installing the file. And please download it again one more time from another site (in bytes, the file should be 47,398,014 in size, which equates to 42.5 MB)

Hmm, I am not sure if it does or not, but you could try performing a factory reset on your phone first, and then try installing it.

Describe the Android recovery screen, please.
  3. smpage

smpage Well-Known Member

downloaded. installed. awesome.

My only complaint is that there is no longer an option to put my phone on silent, just vibrate.
  4. johnlgalt

Don't have a RapidShare account, but the MediaFire account is mine.

Would you mind linking to it so people don't search and accidentally pick a bad link / malicious link that someone else has posted? I'd also like to verify that hte MD5 signature matches....
  5. fedrich519

fedrich519 Active Member

Went to m.adobe.com.

Clicked Upgrade to Flash Player 10.1.

That took me to the market, only to find "The requested item could not be found"

Is there another way to get it?
  6. johnlgalt

7. nonoapple

nonoapple Well-Known Member

so i have multiple roms:

2.1 (rooted)
    2.2 (non wifi fix, non rooted)
    2.2 (rooted, wifi fix)

...so this means...if i run the 2.1 rooted rom, update from there...i will lose my root for 2.2 as well? :confused:
  8. Wawdy24

Wawdy24 Member

I'm new to this kind of stuff ... but yes ... should I send you the link then you will post it after checking?
  9. johnlgalt

Yes, 2.2 official is not rooted
  10. johnlgalt

Either that or just post it as a reply in this thread.
  11. Wawdy24

Wawdy24 Member

check front page ... i think the MOD posted a link to FLASH BETA ...
    DarthDefault likes this.
  12. Wawdy24

Wawdy24 Member

13. BerpaOrcha

BerpaOrcha Member

Okay, I'll try that. BTW, does the factory reset wipe my data and downloads?
  14. johnlgalt

yup. But paid downloads are still linked to your Gogole account, and you'll be always able to download them again later on, unless the applications are not compatible with the new OS.
  15. johnlgalt

16. Josefius

Josefius Member

Ah, that explains why the one live screen app I purchased didn't show up.
  17. Sal Paradise

Sal Paradise Member

I'm having the exact same problem. I've downloaded from 3 different servers, followed all the instructions, but when I start up it's the same OS I had before.

Any help??? Please??????
  18. johnlgalt

Ya, that may be the reason it does not show...it might also be due to other reasons....

I may go through the whole rigmarole and flash a stock OS on my phone and then upgrade since I am getting the notification....and see how it goes.

I really like BB though... :p
  19. johnlgalt

have you verified the MD5 sums? Are teh files around 42.5 MB (47398014 bytes) ?
  20. BerpaOrcha

BerpaOrcha Member

Well, when I re-boot to recovery I still find a update.zip file there. I've dumped each one as I've tried to find one that would boot up. I just mounted the Droid and looked at the files here and I can't find a update.zip anywhere. :eek:

While I'm looking at the screen in recovery, the phone re-boots by itself. :confused:
  21. Marquee B

Marquee B Active Member

everything seems to be running fine. though i couldnt find adobe flash player 10.1 in the market. is anyone else having this problem?
  22. c1mv2

c1mv2 New Member

Active sync is not supported with Exchange
  23. johnlgalt

24. Kn1nJa

Kn1nJa Well-Known Member

I just updated via PC, and everything went smoothly! Big props to everyone who made this possible.
  25. luisarli

luisarli New Member

work on milestone?????