• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[How-To] Force the Official Android 2.2 Froyo Update for the Motrola Droid (FRG01B | Update 1 of 2)

Not sure if anyone else had this issue. I sort of followed directions on how to install using just the phone, but it was a no go. Long story short, I already had an update.zip and when I tried to rename what I downloaded from Google's servers Astro didn't give me a warning (or I didn't notice it). So I deleted the update.zip, and renamed the 2.2 update to "update.zip" and it seems to have worked.

Side note - I was not able to download the zip using the built in web browser, I used Opera which put the file at the root level.

Upvote 0
No!

Yes, Flash is missing in that Market at the moment. It should show up anytime now, though..

And yes, performance is awesome!

And Thanks for the Official credit for being first (at least on this forum) to snag the UPDATE.ZIP

I imagine there were a dozen or so seconds behind me just looking over their past naming system!

Enjoying my 15 minutes of "Froyo-Fame"...

Upvote 0
I had to reinstall the camera since the one of my homescreen no longer worked. The new camera app is great. Much faster!

One problem I am having that I'm hoping someone can help with.

When I searched the market for Flash, I downloaded the "Adobe Flash Showcase" but when I try to go to a flash website I am prompted to download flash which links me to the Market which says that it cannot be found.

Anyone able to run flash who is running the OTA update?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones