• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to format and root to either 2.1 or 2.2

fekish

Feb 8, 2010
Hello,
since the upgrade to 2.1 something went wrong and it take about 20 seconds to open messages, 1 every 3 phonecalls the phone restarts, and it takes about 30 seconds to find a contact when i want to make a phonecall...
Of course i have the usual problem of the alarm clock and the music player...

Is there a way to format and install teh firmware again? I dont care if i lose warranty as i lost my faith in Motorola long time ago... I am not changing the phone because its an expensive one and dont want to change a phone so early...

Thanks in advance

Hello,
since the upgrade to 2.1 something went wrong and it take about 20 seconds to open messages, 1 every 3 phonecalls the phone restarts, and it takes about 30 seconds to find a contact when i want to make a phonecall...
Of course i have the usual problem of the alarm clock and the music player...

Is there a way to format and install teh firmware again? I dont care if i lose warranty as i lost my faith in Motorola long time ago... I am not changing the phone because its an expensive one and dont want to change a phone so early...

Thanks in advance

No need to lose warranty or faith in anyone.

motorola_milestone:sbf [And Developers]

Go to the above link and download a non-service version of the firmware you want to flash and also download and install RSD Lite and just flash it. It should not take more than 15 minutes.

Remember to do backups of stuff in apps if you have such data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones