How to format internal storage...Support

Last Updated:

1. ackoolness

ackoolness Well-Known Member

running low on internal memory and kind of what to start over. I am on me7 using darkslide to root.

** UPDATED ** [Rom Darkslide SG4 VRUAME7 Stock Deodexed] Come and get some.. - Samsung Galaxy S4 ROMs -

long route: just flash a stock mdk, root, and follow the steps in the link above to root again. blah, a lot of work.

I have clockwork installed.

Is there a way to format the internal memory? dont worry, I will take out my sd card, so no worries with that.

If there is a way, apparently you can accomplish this by going into recovery then mounts & storage then format /sdcard.

I just want to someone who has possibly done this to clarify exactly what this accomplishes. As in, what does it delete? Does it touch the system files? Root and recovery doesnt get touched? Thanks.

2. ackoolness

ackoolness Well-Known Member

ok, so I figured what was taking up so much space. I am so confused by the structure of the directory that I could not activly find what was taking up so much space.

So you have the directory data/media/0 that holds all of your "internal storage" Yet, when I went through it all with root explorer, I finally found that directory and saw three other folders (clockwork, legacy, and obb.) I hate that I cannot, within clockwork, set the correct directory to my external 64gb card. Apparently my backup with to internal and was eating space up. None the less, I moved it to my external and im all good now.

but a clarification on what 'format /sdcard' erases would greatly appreciated. Does it erase system, apps, ??? tl;dr