• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to get $10 tmobile internet data plan work with BH2 ?

Guys

you are all silly!

Unless you have bought your behold II from a friend or paid for it in full, there is no way for you to get the 10 dollar a month internet.

In other words, if you got the phone new from tmobile for like 70 bux, its going to have a $30/month unlimited android internet attached to it for 2 years.

The other option is that you can opt out of the internet, and pay them 10/month for them NOT to put unlimited internet on your plan.

I found it dumb to pay tmobile to NOT have a service.

Its like a paying a hooker to not have an encounter lol (i know,bad reference)

also, but let me tell you this, 10/month internet is hella slow

Upvote 0
Guys

you are all silly!

Unless you have bought your behold II from a friend or paid for it in full, there is no way for you to get the 10 dollar a month internet.

In other words, if you got the phone new from tmobile for like 70 bux, its going to have a $30/month unlimited android internet attached to it for 2 years.

The other option is that you can opt out of the internet, and pay them 10/month for them NOT to put unlimited internet on your plan.

I found it dumb to pay tmobile to NOT have a service.

Its like a paying a hooker to not have an encounter lol (i know,bad reference)

also, but let me tell you this, 10/month internet is hella slow

wrong...soo..soo..wrong.

you know what i did? i walked in to tmobile, told them my phone fell in to the drink and that i need to change my plan abit. that im using an old razr and need to switch to just talk+text. they'll go ''okay!"

get home, call the tmobile customer service # on a diff phone than your behold 2, tell them the same story, and ask for the 10 a month internet
dont let ANY tmobile person tell you that you are 'stuck' with the internet. lol.

i've had the regular talk+text+web and now im on the 10 a month internet. the speeds to me are the SAME. its data over 3g/edge connecting to the internet.

done.

Reactions: eugenile
Upvote 0
no one listen to rleal2010,

see how he is the only one who claims that, yet several have counter arguments.

the $10 is 3g and is fast.

im sure any one of us can do a video showing proof, but it would reveal too much personal account info im sure.

so you can either believe 1 guy, or go with the 4+ guys who have no problems.

sounds like he just got ripped off by T-mobile because he didn't know the right steps to get $10

case closed..

DONE!

Reactions: HadouGhost
Upvote 0
Hi all,

Would someone please show us how to change the apn? Settings -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names -> T-MOBILE US 310 260 which brings us to Edit access point screen. What I have now is:

Name
T-MOBILE US 310 260

APN
epc.tmobile.comapndroid

Proxy
<Not set>

Port
<Not set>

Username
<Not set>

Password
<Not set>

Server
<Not set>

MMSC
http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS proxy
<Not set>

MMS port
<Not set>

MCC

MNC

APN type
*apndroid

Authentification Type
None

What should be changed? Or do we have to set up a new Access Point? Thanks in advance for guidance and advice.

Cool

Upvote 0

As others have mentioned, this is not correct. I "bought" my BH2 for free + the upgrade fee + shipping right off T-mobile's website. It allowed me to leave my plan as-is, and I do not pay $30/mo or anything else for a data plan. Of course the website won't let me do squat without demanding that I add that $30 plan, so the website is marginally useful right now. For example, to add my wife's $10/mo unlimited data plan to her Nokia Nuron, I had to call. The CSRs have no trouble doing these things. Just checked my bill; still no data plan (or fee) on my BH2.

Upvote 0
@TheKrell

Do you use the wifi? I hardly ever leave the house, so I don't mind not having a data plan. I can still access the webpages I like to use while sitting on the sofa. Of course, many places have free wifi access now, which is nice. I can sit outside of Dunkin Donuts, sip my coffee and browse the web. The only reason I would want a data plan, really, is to be able to use Weather Toggle widget, because it just looks so awesome, but whatever. . .you can't have it all.

Upvote 0
Still no go. I tried wap.voicestream.com with the proxy and internet2.voicestream.com. The first method does not send me to the web2go page when I get on the internet. It just says web page unavailable, regardless which web site I try. The second method always redirect me to the web2go page.

I noticed also that the apn setting changes by tagging to the end apndroid. E.g. I put wap.voicestream.com, it automatically put wap.voicestream.comapndroid. The apn type always switches back to *apndroid, regardless if I changed it to internet+mms, mms only, or internet only.

:( Any help is appreciated. I want to make sure that my wife's $10 data plan works on the Behold II before I try to get myself a similar plan.

TIA, Cool

Upvote 0
BurgeDog

When I change my phone to something else on the website, it always change back to BH2 the next time I logged back to the website. Does this happen to you?
It doesn't for me - I can change the phone to whatever I want. As long as the phone is changed for the session, though, you should have access to the services for that phone even if it does revert back to the BH2 on the next login.

Upvote 0
I dont have a data plan, can I call Tmob and just ask for the $10 data plan? Is this plan for unlimited data use per month?
It is extremely unlikely that tmo will give you the $10 data plan if they know you have an android phone. You might have to play CS roulette to find an agent that will give it to you, most will tell you it is not possible.

Best bet is to log into your my.t-mobile.com account, pick a phone as your phone of record that has the $10 service available, I use the Zine, and add the $10 plan that way. First month is free.

And yes, the $10 plan is for unlimited data use.

Upvote 0
YOU CANNOT, just call tmobile and ask for this plan.

You need to put your sim card in another phone that is phone first, such as the nuron, highlight, or many other older phones, that isnt labeled as a SMART PHONE.

then you can call, BUT if you want it faster, do it above, just go to tmobile website and change your phone to the nuron or highlight, and you should be able to add the $10 data

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones