• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to get $10 tmobile internet data plan work with BH2 ?

You need to put your sim card in another phone that is phone first, such as the nuron, highlight, or many other older phones, that isnt labeled as a SMART PHONE.
As part of my troubleshooting for not getting 1.6 I master reset my BH2, put in my BH2 a brand new unused SIM card, activated the new SIM with tmo, modded the APN and was immediately using the $10 data plan I had previously set up. As long as the my.t-mobile.com account shows a non-android phone as phone of record, the $10 plan should be available.

Upvote 0
As part of my troubleshooting for not getting 1.6 I master reset my BH2, put in my BH2 a brand new unused SIM card, activated the new SIM with tmo, modded the APN and was immediately using the $10 data plan I had previously set up. As long as the my.t-mobile.com account shows a non-android phone as phone of record, the $10 plan should be available.

Not just non-android, but also not one of tmobile branded windows mobile smart phone or blackberry ;)

Upvote 0
Ah! You guys are amazing, just got this working on my Nexus One. Though now I have a quandary! I was going to buy my wife the Samsung Vibrant in a couple weeks, but now I'm tempted to buy another Nexus One off contract instead! It actually works out to be about the same price over a 2 year period given that the data plan is $15 less...

Upvote 0
Ah! You guys are amazing, just got this working on my Nexus One. Though now I have a quandary! I was going to buy my wife the Samsung Vibrant in a couple weeks, but now I'm tempted to buy another Nexus One off contract instead! It actually works out to be about the same price over a 2 year period given that the data plan is $15 less...

hey, could you share with us which settings did you use?
I just got my nexus 1 yesterday, still figuring out the bastics.
Thanks !:D

Upvote 0
You guys are genious!!!!!!!!!! I have the 10 dollars t mobile slow internet plan and because i used 250 mb in 3 days they cut my data service. I almost called them obviously to get ripped off one more time , but you guys saved my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used the internet2.voicestream.com APN! Thank you very much guys!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
It still works for me, but I'm not sure for how much longer it will work. I had to call customer service about something and now when I log in, it seems my phone as a BH2. OTOH, my bill hasn't changed yet and I haven't had any connection issues, but I'm not a heavy user. I think I used 300 MB last month and am only up to 300 or so for this month too.

Upvote 0
wrong...soo..soo..wrong.

you know what i did? i walked in to tmobile, told them my phone fell in to the drink and that i need to change my plan abit. that im using an old razr and need to switch to just talk+text. they'll go ''okay!"

get home, call the tmobile customer service # on a diff phone than your behold 2, tell them the same story, and ask for the 10 a month internet
dont let ANY tmobile person tell you that you are 'stuck' with the internet. lol.

i've had the regular talk+text+web and now im on the 10 a month internet. the speeds to me are the SAME. its data over 3g/edge connecting to the internet.

done.

Ghost:

sometimes commonsense isn't so common. If it was everyone would have it. Good post!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones