• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to get $10 tmobile internet data plan work with BH2 ?

Hey guys, I tried following everyone's advice on getting this to work, but you guys are also talking about a different phone, so I thought i'd see if anyone has experience or tips with my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S through T-Mobile, and I am trying to get this working on here, i've tried changing the APN and everything, still says I need to upgrade the web package. Any advice? Thanks!

Upvote 0
I think if you're interested, I found a wiki one that listed all the phones compatible with the $10 plan, but I don't remember where the link is. Just look for phones compatible with tzones. I currently have an HD2 and I'm using the $10 plan with it and it's got a larger screen and faster processor then the BH2. Still, my sister is currently enjoying the Behold 2 and tzones continues to work on it too.

Upvote 0
the trick is to buy a feature phone (I prefer the RAZR). Sign up for your T-Mobile plan with that phone, add $10 internet, add whatever you want. Then, after your plan is initiated and the phone (RAZR remember) shows up at tmobile.com on your plan, pull the SIM and pop it in your BH2 (or WHATEVER PHONE YOU WANT). I don't even think you need to make sure it's unbranded, but I wouldn't know because all of my phones have been rooted with custom ROMs anyway.

Anyway. Change your APN to internet2.voicestream.com and away you go. You'll then come back whining about how your MMS doesn't work, but that's a different thread (hint: search my user name and internet2 and MMS).

I don't want to say this too many times because I rue the day that TMoUS pulls the plug and takes away our $10 party.

Your phone type will change to the new phone (BH2, HD2, etc.) on Tmobile.com after a few days/weeks/months but your internet should still work fine. Before I call Tmobile about anything, I switch my phone on mytmobile.com back to the RAZR and put the SIM in that phone before I call.

I know it's an old thread, but it needs good information.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones