• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to get 2000+ Quadrent Benchmarks w/ Froyo

soapinmouth

Android Enthusiast
Apr 7, 2010
Birdman mentioned something about this a while ago but didn't really explain it, so I'll give some quick instructions using root explorer, maybe I'll ass adb/terminal instructions later.

cap201008202137.jpg

1.) open up Root Explorer
2.) Mount system as r/w
3.) navigate in the system folder to a file named build.prop
4.) long press until edit comes up, and press it
5.) scroll down to almost the bottom until you see a few lines with "stagefright" in the name.
6.) change the word "false" in each of these line to "true"
7.) press the menu button and hit save and exit
8.) reboot and run quadrant!

Not exactly sure if this gives any performance boost though :thinking: anyone know? Good for showing off though :D

edit: also does anyone know why it stalls at I/O write for a while seems like it stalls even longer with froyo then eclair?

Reactions: Crimsongost
Yeah just changed back after I noticed that, fun jsut to get some high scores though.

yup. i'm keeping that little secret here in the x forum. i cant wait to make my friends sad about their crappy benchmark scores. :p

interesting thing is, my phone will play vids i recorded before the edit. they just look crappy.

Upvote 0
You might notice poor performance from your streaming apps as well. I did the hack and got a 2185 Quadrant score, but then I tried streaming Sirius & Pandora and noticed an immediate decrease in sound quality and a few other issues so I switched it back. It does go to show what the X is capable of once google gets off its ass and fixes the stagefright decoder, which seems to be far more efficient than opencore which is what we use by default. The massive increase in quadrant scores is probably all due to increased performance in the audio/video decoding parts of the benchmark when stagefright is enabled.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones