How to get 3g or better on s2 international on ATT?Support

Last Updated:

1. vagabond777

vagabond777 Member

Hi,

Visiting the US and i have an unlocked galaxy s2 LTE originally from korea which i loaded with an ATT sim. I had used it in the Philippines on different networks there and it did 3g speeds on all networks.Model number is SHV-E110S and it was upgraded thru Kies to 4.0.4.
    With the ATT sim, Calling and texting are functional but for some reason, the mobile network type is only gprs which results to the phone delivering very slow internet speeds. Tinkered around with the apn using just about every apn setting i've seen here and the xda forums but still mobile network type remains gprs.

Interestingly, i tried the sim in another samsung phone from ATT and the mobile network type displayed was hsdpa. I switched sims from that phone to my shv-e110s and still my phone's mobile network settings remained at gprs. So i think the sim is not the problem but the phone.

How can i tweak the phone so that i can get better internet speeds? I need the speed because i want to use the hotspot function of the phone to share with my family while we are on the road here in the US.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. BigBaron

BigBaron New Member

I am still in Korea and I want to unlock and root my G S2 4G LTE.
    How did you do yours? I'm not an Android expert by any means.
    Thanks