• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to get absolute best Android performance?

braj

Android Enthusiast
Aug 7, 2010
I am trying to go widget-free, using Zeam launcher instead of LauncherPro which seems to randomly have issues for me, I'm just wondering what tips you all may have for getting the best performance possible from your phone. I'm on a Captivate. I care more about in-app performance and stability over bells and whistles. What do you suggest?

I'm really wanting to wait for froyo before more drastic measures, I'm just talking vanilla performance, what are the 'best practices' most efficient apps etc. The big one seems to be avoid widgets, that seems to free up loads of processing power, faster booting too.

Upvote 0
I am really liking Zeam too, it has probably my favorite things from LauncherPro, ie. drag and drop uninstalls, and more room in the dock, plus it is easier to deal with than LauncherPro's dock, drag and drop to put something in the dock makes it easy to use. But is the launcher really faster, I'm not exactly sure. It at least seems more stable and at least as fast.

Upvote 0
I'm really wanting to wait for froyo before more drastic measures, I'm just talking vanilla performance, what are the 'best practices' most efficient apps etc. The big one seems to be avoid widgets, that seems to free up loads of processing power, faster booting too.

Hmm...I can't honestly think of much that will do what you ask. Few if any widgets, don't have email set to poll too often...though that's more for battery life than anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones