How to get an update with the server?

Last Updated:

1. buggyboy

buggyboy New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    i am developing a program which will require to go through wifi and get data update with a server. May i know how is this done?

i have already figure out how to use SQLite but is it possible to update the data through wifi networking with a server? If can, how do i do it?
    Appreciate your effort. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. JoshKraker

JoshKraker Member

Are you asking how to retrieve data from a internet location? Is it a webpage or ...?

3. buggyboy

buggyboy New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi...thanks for your reply.
    It is not from a website. Ok...i want to update some variable values such as string and integers. For example, i want to update the movie screening time and display it in my phone application. What i want to do is...let the application do auto-fetch data every day in the morning. And the source of data is from a server (a computer somewhere near)

Im currently using Sqlite to do the create a database in the phone application. In this case, i will need to syncronize my database with the server. So how do i do it?

4. wige

wige Well-Known Member

Typically, you would look for a server that provides an XML file that you can download and parse to get the information. You would request that XML file and pass it to the SAX parser to process.