• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to get APK files to my desktop

One site that you can get apk files from is www.slideme.org it is a different market from Google and has plenty of apps that you can download to your desktop. If you have an installed app that you want the apk from; install Estrong, then use Estrong's backup feature to backup the app (a button that looks like a set of gears). The app will be copied to your storage card's download folder. Then just copy the apk file to your computer

Upvote 0
Hey James! I just wanted to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! You frickin' ROCK dude! The Estrong backup method works awesomely! I have a Chinese Superpad and a lot of the apps I want don't show up in the market. I was getting really frustrated not being able to run my favorite apps. I'm listening to Pandora right now on the Superpad thanks to you bro! I also installed ShipCombat Multiplayer with this method. I can attach my phone to the Superpad via USB and it sees the phone as an external drive so I can just install apps right off the phone! You are a life saver bro! Thanks again!

One site that you can get apk files from is www.slideme.org it is a different market from Google and has plenty of apps that you can download to your desktop. If you have an installed app that you want the apk from; install Estrong, then use Estrong's backup feature to backup the app (a button that looks like a set of gears). The app will be copied to your storage card's download folder. Then just copy the apk file to your computer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones