how to get APK files to my desktopSupport

Last Updated:

1. jakec0687

jakec0687 New Member

I would like to know where I can find APK files that I can download to my desktop. This is so I can download the apps on my backflilp :confused:

2. Winters37

Winters37 Well-Known Member

just do a google search with the app name followed by apk.
    so for example i wanted to download barcode scanner, i would google search "barcode scanner apk"
  3. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

One site that you can get apk files from is it is a different market from Google and has plenty of apps that you can download to your desktop. If you have an installed app that you want the apk from; install Estrong, then use Estrong's backup feature to backup the app (a button that looks like a set of gears). The app will be copied to your storage card's download folder. Then just copy the apk file to your computer
    rayhodge02 and fiji93 like this.
  4. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Your going to have to root your backflip before you can install outside of market.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.
  5. marvin02

marvin02 Well-Known Member

6. tbutterw

tbutterw Member

I'm so glad I don't have AT&T with my Backflip 'cause all I have to do to install non-market apps was check the Unknown Sources option in the Applications settings and it allows me to install non-market apps straight from my sdcard!
  7. maerlim

maerlim Well-Known Member

Yep, I installed PDAnet on my Wife's backflip last night using ADB. No root required.
  8. marvin02

marvin02 Well-Known Member

PDANet and EasyTether will show up in the market if you remove the SIM from an AT&T Backflip and connect via WiFi. Some other apps that usually don't show up also.
  9. maerlim

maerlim Well-Known Member

Nice, thanks for that tip. :)
  10. moosefist

moosefist Member

adb pull system/app/programname.apk
  11. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Wouldn't it be /data/app unless your looking for stock apps?

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.
  12. croid

croid Active Member

Hey James! I just wanted to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! You frickin' ROCK dude! The Estrong backup method works awesomely! I have a Chinese Superpad and a lot of the apps I want don't show up in the market. I was getting really frustrated not being able to run my favorite apps. I'm listening to Pandora right now on the Superpad thanks to you bro! I also installed ShipCombat Multiplayer with this method. I can attach my phone to the Superpad via USB and it sees the phone as an external drive so I can just install apps right off the phone! You are a life saver bro! Thanks again!

13. hotmale

hotmale New Member

Well.... You can't download .apk files from market, You have to use alternative sites to download .apk files such as.... or i hope you will get some good apps from here.
    Best of luck.