1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

How to get apps onto the Android Market?

Last Updated:

1. nickbu1

nickbu1 New Member This Topic's Starter

How can I get apps that I have made onto the android market?
    I have created a few apps with the Google Android App Inventor and would like to get them on the market. How is this done?

I have previously been directed to market.android.com/publish and it says that I have to pay $25 to use it

I would just like to check that this is the correct thing as I don't want to waste my money
    Also if I do do this will I be able to submit apps that have been created in the Google Androind App Inventor?
    Thanks very much
    Nick

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

That seems to be the case.

3. agentfaze

agentfaze Active Member

It's not free if it asks for money, right?

4. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

The Google App Inventor currently does not have support for uploading to the market. They are working on it but the app can only be used by those that have app inventor installed on their phones and by those you directly share with.

Trust me, I run a non-profit organization and we could make a killing off of apps, if only I were at developer level or App Inventor was compatible with the market.

5. nickbu1

When did I say it's free?

6. nickbu1

Okay thanks
    Yea I was hoping to try and make a bit of money too, oh well maybe once they get it working

7. probbiethe1

probbiethe1 Active Member

ok to make things alot simplier for everyone, here is some advice from me a app developer with apps on the market. It does cost a one time fee of 25 dollars to set up a dev account with google after that you can upload as many apps as you would like. And your right for the most part apps made with android app inventor cant be uploaded to the market but any phone can run an app with android app inventor you dont need some special software on your phone and the second part that you guys got wrong is there is a work around that you can do to make your app inventor apps uploadable to the market if you would like more information go to Android Tablet Forum and find me there