how to get back the time and date back on fresh 2.1.2 vanilla lock screen

Last Updated:

1. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

im using fresh 2.1.2 and have the vanilla lock screen but i want to know if it is possible to put the time and date back onto the lock screen? wondering why flipz took it out in the first place??

Advertisement
  2. dhero

dhero Well-Known Member

3. chinkster

I read through those already but I don't think those will give me what im looking for as i am already have the vanilla lockscreen but I just dont have the time and date

4. lopezpm

lopezpm Well-Known Member

5. HeikoMax

HeikoMax Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem after adding the vanilla lock screen. I tried reflashing with http://link.geekfor.me/vanillafix3 and that did not solve the problem of no clock. It does show my next alarm though.

This is what my lock screen looks like with Black Vanilla solid black background in place of the clear background. (The clock did not appear when I used the clear background either.) I also used the update to remove the HTC world clock. I verified that the Android digital clock is working.

We need to know what time it is! :cool:

Attached Files:

6. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Guys. If you read the notes about the ROM itself, you will see that this has been removed. This was a modification done by another person, that Flipz incorporated into the ROM. To get it back, there would have to be another mod made with the clock and time. Flashing what is on the site right now will not currently do anything for you. There isn't a "fix" as it isn't "broke." It is how it was intended to be in this particular ROM, but can be changed if someone does it.

7. dpeeps74

dpeeps74 Well-Known Member

this is probably one of my biggest dislikes. i like having the vanilla lockscreen (though it would be nice if the sound one could toggle between sound, vibrate, silent) but i would kind of like still being able to have my own image on it. and i know there's all sorts of stuff out there on how to create custom lockscreens, etc...and i'm lazy. the clear screen does have it's advantages in that i don't actually have to unlock my screen to see the weather or my next on the agenda stuff, but i miss being able to have that custom image...especially with the fact it's different dimensions than the normal wallpaper.

8. HeikoMax

Well I sure do hope someone with the talent and time to mod the vanilla lockscreen to include the clock and the option of your own lockscreen wallpaper. Hint, hint. Anyone, anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

9. chinkster

the clock isn't really that big of a deal to me as i can see it through the transparent lockscreen

10. ccapasso

My Current Lockscreen and my current work in progress that I'm attempting to do for Fresh 2.1.2 :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Fenga Papit

Fenga Papit Banned

Wow, those look really cool! Can the vanilla lockscreen be used on Fresh Toast 2.1?

12. HeikoMax

Lock screen master! Keep it up and let us (me :D ) know when you have it all done. I'd love to use a custom wallpaper with vanilla, other than black vanilla that I'm currently using. If you could add the clock back in that'd be even better. Thanks!

13. ccapasso

Lol. Hardly a master. It really isn't a custom wallpaper with the vanilla lockscreen. It is the clear vanilla lockscreen just with clock and date removed. I have my own background, which is what you see there. I am modifying things to be blue :). Also, they have already added the clock/date back in, but I believe it was a test and I don't have the link handy right now. For me, the clock/date take up space that I don't need as I can see the time fine in my taskbar, and the date I'm not concerned about :).

14. Fenga Papit

Fenga Papit Banned

I know this isn't the correct thread, but last night I was able to push Sprint TV, Sprint Nascar, and the stock PDF viewer back onto my phone (FT 2.1). They work great. But even though pushing the HTC Footprints app and odex worked to get them on the phone, the app doesn't work. I got a message when exploring the phone's internal /system/app and tapping "Footprints" that the application was not found. Do you have any theories why?

15. ccapasso

I thought I read somewhere about some error with that app. I'll have to check later.

16. caliboy99

caliboy99 Well-Known Member

I am liking the blue color. For me this would be a perfect lock screen if 1) you add a unlock sound when you slide to unlock 2) Make it change to vibrate only when you slide to the left.
    What would top really be awesome is if you can let the clock app keep showing the correct the time, then there would be really no need to add the clock back on the lockscreen .