• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to get back the time and date back on fresh 2.1.2 vanilla lock screen

I read through those already but I don't think those will give me what im looking for as i am already have the vanilla lockscreen but I just dont have the time and date

I'm having the same problem after adding the vanilla lock screen. I tried reflashing with http://link.geekfor.me/vanillafix3 and that did not solve the problem of no clock. It does show my next alarm though.

This is what my lock screen looks like with Black Vanilla solid black background in place of the clear background. (The clock did not appear when I used the clear background either.) I also used the update to remove the HTC world clock. I verified that the Android digital clock is working.

We need to know what time it is! :cool:

Attachments

• Vanilla Lock No Clock.jpg
    Vanilla Lock No Clock.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0
Guys. If you read the notes about the ROM itself, you will see that this has been removed. This was a modification done by another person, that Flipz incorporated into the ROM. To get it back, there would have to be another mod made with the clock and time. Flashing what is on the site right now will not currently do anything for you. There isn't a "fix" as it isn't "broke." It is how it was intended to be in this particular ROM, but can be changed if someone does it.

Upvote 0
this is probably one of my biggest dislikes. i like having the vanilla lockscreen (though it would be nice if the sound one could toggle between sound, vibrate, silent) but i would kind of like still being able to have my own image on it. and i know there's all sorts of stuff out there on how to create custom lockscreens, etc...and i'm lazy. the clear screen does have it's advantages in that i don't actually have to unlock my screen to see the weather or my next on the agenda stuff, but i miss being able to have that custom image...especially with the fact it's different dimensions than the normal wallpaper.

Upvote 0
Lol. Hardly a master. It really isn't a custom wallpaper with the vanilla lockscreen. It is the clear vanilla lockscreen just with clock and date removed. I have my own background, which is what you see there. I am modifying things to be blue :). Also, they have already added the clock/date back in, but I believe it was a test and I don't have the link handy right now. For me, the clock/date take up space that I don't need as I can see the time fine in my taskbar, and the date I'm not concerned about :).

Upvote 0
Lol. Hardly a master. It really isn't a custom wallpaper with the vanilla lockscreen. It is the clear vanilla lockscreen just with clock and date removed. I have my own background, which is what you see there. I am modifying things to be blue :). Also, they have already added the clock/date back in, but I believe it was a test and I don't have the link handy right now. For me, the clock/date take up space that I don't need as I can see the time fine in my taskbar, and the date I'm not concerned about :).
I know this isn't the correct thread, but last night I was able to push Sprint TV, Sprint Nascar, and the stock PDF viewer back onto my phone (FT 2.1). They work great. But even though pushing the HTC Footprints app and odex worked to get them on the phone, the app doesn't work. I got a message when exploring the phone's internal /system/app and tapping "Footprints" that the application was not found. Do you have any theories why?

Upvote 0

I am liking the blue color. For me this would be a perfect lock screen if 1) you add a unlock sound when you slide to unlock 2) Make it change to vibrate only when you slide to the left.
What would top really be awesome is if you can let the clock app keep showing the correct the time, then there would be really no need to add the clock back on the lockscreen .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones