• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to get back touchwiz?

I've been running a kitkat rom for months so I don't care about the Samsung update lol I hate their firmware :D

You can safely mess around with the animation scales. If you want to understand what they do, try increasing them.
On touchwiz I kept them at .5 on aosp I like the animations so I keep them at 1.
Lowering or turning them off makes the phone feel faster but less slick and pretty :thumbup:

Lol, so you have something that looks like a nexus? :p

I know, but I want to know what each of the animations mean...

Oh, and is there a way to make it so that if you have the screen covered it'll turn off? I have a flip case and I was wondering if you could possibly intergrate it to do so? Kinda like on an iPad?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what each does tbh, mess around with them and see.
Nah you were on cyanogen which is a very plain aosp rom, I don't like stock android, even my Nexus tablet looks nothing like a nexus lol. I like customisation and features... Just not heavyweight Samsung features :D

I figured them out!

The first one is how fast the windows open, the second one is how fast it does transitions (going to home menu, etc) and the third one is how fast all of your toggles open (this one requires a reboot after you set it to a different setting)

Yeah it was pretty bland... I liked how I could make the menu key a multitasking button though (kinda like on the S5) I never had to touch my home key ever!

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
There's an app "flip case control" that I used to use. It works using the proximity sensor. There might be better ones by now.
I don't use a flip case any more :thumbup:

Lol neither do I, but my dad bought one back when it was his phone (he used it for like two weeks...) so I thought I'd use it :p

But it's one of those ones that folds vertically... X(

Awesome, it works!! :)

Upvote 0
Yeah that is annoying man. My wife used to cover it wen I was using the phone just to piss me off lol.
What I use now is Gravity Screen. With that the phone has to be upside down or face down before the prox sensor kicks in.
Great app but maybe not ideal for flip cases. I don't use my power button at all now

I didn't understand what it was doing so I just uninstalled it

Upvote 0
androidlover9, you need to read, read, and then read some more. altho it's written for the prevail here is a good guide to using odin etc. http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...revail-dummies-written-dummy.html#post5060520

What the heck are you talking about? I downloaded it Friday night... maybe I should just close this thread since that I already got what I wanted... by what I meant I was confused on was the app that he told me with the gravity or whatever.

(I have been noticing TERRIBLE battery drain though...)

Upvote 0
Lol I think someone only read the 1st page :D
Gravity Screen is actually excellent when you set it up right.
What's giving u battery drain?
Two great apps for analysing your battery drain are Gsam Battery Monitor and Wakelock Detector :thumbup:

Ps don't be rude to people who are trying to help even if they did only read the 1st page. People were VERY patient with you ;)

Upvote 0
Two great apps for analysing your battery drain are Gsam Battery Monitor and Wakelock Detector :thumbup:

dunno, I use battery doctor but it's not helping much atm... and I am noticing a lot of lag stutters and the home menu refreshes it self randomly for no reason at all!

Upvote 0

Ps don't be rude to people who are trying to help even if they did only read the 1st page. People were VERY patient with you ;)

I understand that and I appreciate it, I hate how they still went through the effort to find what I was looking for after I did download the firmware though :/

Upvote 0
That's what makes AF the best Android forum site mate.
I'm sure I frustrated a few people when they talked me through rooting so I pay that back by helping others. That's the android way :D

yeah the problem was I was confused as to what model I had etc, so I found out the two things that really kill my battery are 1. Drop box 2. Google play services... my battery lost 3% whilst writing this message and being in chrome for about two minutes...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones