How to get best battery life when in actual use.

Last Updated:

1. Babbit

Babbit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't have any battery issues with my EVO when in idle (<1% drain per hour), and there have been many times when I've charged my phone every other day. However, are there any tricks to increasing battery life when you are actually using the phone such as when web browsing? When I use my phone, it seems to use up battery really quickly...i.e. up to 30%/hour when browsing (tried both dolphin and stock). Similar drains on 3G or wifi.

Running Fresh, Netarchy 4.1.9. Used to run Netarchy 4.1.8 with SetCPU profiles and got slightly better battery life. I was told not to use SetCPU with 4.1.9 because of HAVS. Is there something else I can do that is compatible?

Advertisement
  2. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

My battery drains between 15-20% per hour with heavy use.Best thing is to buy a bigger battery if you don't mind your phone to look a bit bulky.

Matlock likes this.
  3. tennispro4ever

tennispro4ever Well-Known Member

I would have to agree with exBBuser..I am really thinking about buying the 3500mah battery with the back on it off ebay.....so far I hear nothing but good things about it.

4. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

I got amazing battery life running CM 6.0 with the Snap 7.6 kernel. Even with heavy use I was only charging the phone every few days, not every day like on stock.

5. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

That's the one im using,for $9.00,there's nothing to complain about.It does the same job a Seidio battery does and it cost a lot less.

5+ hours of use with heavy internet use.Beat that Jarred....

6. Babbit

Babbit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm going to try CM 6.0 one of these days since I heard so many good things about it. Only thing preventing me is the lack of 4G currently.

7. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

i have gone back and forth between sense and aosp, i like cm6 and fresh equally, waiting on miui to be a little more done, and i get better battery with fresh than cm6 with the same settings

8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I will eventually buy an extended battery. the thing is..it isn't necessarily heavy use...but is what you are heavily doing