• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to get best battery life when in actual use.

Babbit

Jun 27, 2010
I don't have any battery issues with my EVO when in idle (<1% drain per hour), and there have been many times when I've charged my phone every other day. However, are there any tricks to increasing battery life when you are actually using the phone such as when web browsing? When I use my phone, it seems to use up battery really quickly...i.e. up to 30%/hour when browsing (tried both dolphin and stock). Similar drains on 3G or wifi.

Running Fresh, Netarchy 4.1.9. Used to run Netarchy 4.1.8 with SetCPU profiles and got slightly better battery life. I was told not to use SetCPU with 4.1.9 because of HAVS. Is there something else I can do that is compatible?

I would have to agree with exBBuser..I am really thinking about buying the 3500mah battery with the back on it off ebay.....so far I hear nothing but good things about it.

That's the one im using,for $9.00,there's nothing to complain about.It does the same job a Seidio battery does and it cost a lot less.

5+ hours of use with heavy internet use.Beat that Jarred....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones