• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to get blue wifi signal?

SuperWind

Jun 20, 2013
So i've browsed many websites and seen people with this problem in which they can't access any app that uses google services(google play, gmail etc) because they don't have that blue bar wifi signal sign but instead its grey, but they can still use the web browsers and such, well to fix it you can try my method.

First you need a rooted device
Second a root file browser
And you have to clear the data and cache of the google play app.
Next open the root explorer.
Then go to a folder name "etc".
Then find a file named hosts.
Then click the option that lets you change R/W to R/O
Then you're going to hold the host file until a box appears with even more options and you're going to open the file in text editor.
Once you're in the editor you will see 2 IP addresses,
But you're going to focus on the second, and you're going to put a # in front of the second one, then you're going to save and exit and reboot your device!

Then see if you can connect to the play store and have blue bars!

Hope it works for you and have fun downloading or browsing your gmail.

Once you're in the editor you will see 2 IP addresses,
But you're going to focus on the second, and you're going to put a # in front of the second one, then you're going to save and exit and reboot your device!

Can you identify it more specifically? The second line can probably vary, and certainly the quantity of IP addresses varies...mine has over 25,000, used for ad blocking. Before those, however, all I have are localhost entries. One is 127.0.0.1 and is necessary, the second just says "::1 localhost" and I imagine it's necessary too.

I don't have this problem, just looking to understand what you're doing. I'd be interested in what goes wrong and why commenting one of those out would help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones