How to Get Custom Notification Sounds?

Last Updated:

1. Barats

Barats Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I want to have a custom notification sound for texts. I try adding a Notifications folder and adding some sounds to that on the SD card but that did not work. Just the default sounds popped up. How do I do this?

Advertisement
  2. forever_z

forever_z Member

You have to put the mp3 files into the media>audio>notifications folder. I had a little bit a trouble figueing this out and getting it to work. But I found that the notifications didn't appear until I disconected the usb cable. Good luck. Update this and let me know if it worked.

3. Barats

I did this but it is not showing up under Notification Sounds for Messages. Does it have to be a certain file size, type, etc??

4. jgangsta

jgangsta Well-Known Member

aare you sure you put the mp3 in the right place//i can share mines with you if u want to test

5. Barats

I put it where forever z said to. Went into File Manager and moved the mp3 clip into the media > audio > notifications folder but it is not showing up.

6. forever_z

forever_z Member

I had a lot of trouble at first. Then, the next day I took a look, and there they were. Maybe I did a bettery pull in between, not sure.

7. forever_z

forever_z Member

I don't know. I just added more without any trouble. I wish I could help you out.

8. lyons238

lyons238 Well-Known Member

u have to eject the sd card on your computer and then it will show up

9. jgangsta

u got it wrong thats the wrong set up its media - notifications then ur sounds u want in there corresponding folders - an if u need a test tone leme kno

10. lyons238

media - audio - notifications is right for me...

11. jgangsta

for me they show up sdcard/media/alarms or notifications and ringtones and i can switch all my tones or set them up and that how it first was even wen i had a g1 or samsung moment//file structure hasnt changed and if u google android ringtone setup u get the same thing

12. lyons238

mines media - audio - notifications + alarms + ringtones. each are separate folders

13. Barats

So delete the audio file and just make it media > notifications. Because this m4a file of a Facebook pop sound is in the setup you said was wrong and it shows up in the Notification sounds for messaging.

I'm really hoping there is an easier way to do this besides hooking it up to the cpu and all. I'm charging it now so I will mess with it tomorrow.

And yes, send me a test tone to work with. Thanks.

14. jgangsta

yea i know the fb pop is there for mines also but the i use the same system with each android phone what is your files format and its up to u like the fellow af member said iether way the phone supports it but theres something u are putting wrong or doing wrong

15. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

Just use Ringdroid and it does all the work for you. It will create ringtones and notification sounds.