How to get Droidx multitouch kb

Last Updated:

1. aznmode

aznmode Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Even though its built for 2.1 I was able to install the apk on my Evo with 2.2 but it won't install on the Epic. Is it because of the screen res? Epic is 800x480 vs Evo/droidx 800x400. I love this kb and can type faster on it vs swype.

Advertisement
  2. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

ha what? pretty sure they're all 800x480 if i'm not mistaken (i could be). but that shouldn't have anything to do with it. i don't think you can just drop the apk on there. has to be modified to work with the device.

i honestly don't know much about the porting of that particular apk, though. i would recommend asking this question over at xda in the epic forums.

3. aznmode

I have the entire droidx rom and I just grabbed the latinIME.apk and dropped into the Evo. Just like installing any apk.

You're right though, the droidx is 800x480. So that's not it since it works on Evo thats 800x400.

4. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw Well-Known Member

I just googled it and came up with a few links. Downloaded then installed via Astros file manager. Works great

5. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

when the Epic gets 2.2 it will break that keyboard unfortunately. unless it is ripped from the DroidX after it gets 2.2, which should happen before the Epic gets it. nvm, carry on :)

6. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw Well-Known Member

I am on the now network,and live in the now. Whenever froyo comes out I will deal with it then. To be honest I use swype mainly anyway.

7. aznmode

Man I tried to like swype but never got used to it. One good thing about the droidx kb if you wanna correct any of the mispelled words or wrong words just tap on that word and it will give you the list of available words again so you can reselect to correct it.

8. aznmode

That is true but from what I hear, froyo coming this month is probably for GSM or european version. And if when froyo does come around, I already have the froyo version of the droidx kb anyway. Using it on my 2.2 Evo now.