How to get e-mail data in status notification?

Last Updated:

1. droidboy

droidboy New Member This Topic's Starter

I really like the droid a lot, it is much faster than my blackberry storm. Is there anyway to get the notifications to show mail header information such as: Name, Subject? Like: John Doe Hey how's it going?

Right now it only shows "New email" and I have to touch it to go to that inbox.

I also really liked how on my blackberry all of my e-mail accounts (gmail, and exchange) was in one inbox.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I couldn't find any way in the settings to make the headers load in the notification bar. This is probably functionality that will have to be added by an app developer. I assume it's possible, since text message previews pop up in the bar.

3. ArXane

ArXane Well-Known Member

This feature would be great. I hate having to go into email when it could just give me options in the notifications area.

4. droidboy

Well, one my co-workers has a Droid too, his notifications for gmail show who sent the e-mail and the subject. Mine doesn't. I can't figure out for the life of me how to get my droids showing this data in the notification/status bar. Can anyone verify that theirs does this too?

5. droidboy

I figured out the the problem is, android notifications only show the sender and subject IF it is the only UNOPENED message in the inbox. I wasn't used to this, because Blackberry notifications inbox always shows the sender and subject for all messages no matter how many of them were unopened.

I did a batch job on my inbox and marked 1600+ items as read, and now Android shows the the sender and subject in the notifications for gmail only if there is one unread message in the inbox.

And the reason I had 1600+ unopened e-mails was because I used to only handle this account mainly on the berry....which I didn't want it syncing with the actual account.

I really love my Droid and the Android OS, but I just wish they could handle e-mail and notifications as good as Blackberry does. Blackberry definitely still has them beat in message handling.

6. jraggio

jraggio Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Touchdown does this. I am using it to read my company Exchange mail. It may not be TD doing this as I was also testing another tool called Roadsync and it may have been the one putting up notifs.

John