how to get free tetheringSupport

Last Updated:

1. EVILTEDDI

EVILTEDDI Well-Known Member

Just got my galaxy s2 for sprint i tried doing the pdanet method to get tethering to work and unfortunately its not working =_= so i tired fox fi an my computer won't connect to the hot spot.... Can anyone help me please

Advertisement
  2. jaliy

jaliy Well-Known Member

u shoudnlt have to set anything ur phone will sync with ur sim card and u r good to go
  3. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

What do you mean by free tethering?

How do you want to tether? Wifi or USB?

It actually works either way for me. Set the phone as a modem, and have other devices (like laptop) connected to the net via the phone.

IF you mean have the phone connect to a PC with net connection, then I don't know how to do that properly.
  4. ChipD22

ChipD22 Member

I used to be able to use pdanet on my sprint galaxy s2, but the ice cream sandwich update stopped all that, I was checking around to see if anyone had been able to do it since the update with either foxfi or pdanet...
    has anyone been able to tether for free on sprint since the update?
  5. chickenbox

chickenbox Member

I think that the best tethering method is using the Mobile AP option, but I don't really know if that's relevant.
  6. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Well-Known Member

ChipD22 - you don't need any special app for tethering it works put of the box as wifi which has less configuration required. If you use USB connected to your laptop the USB drivers have to be loaded on that PC (part of the Samsung Kiespackage). Using wifi tethering no software is needed at all.
  7. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

As this may be a network-specific issue i.e. Sprint disallowing tethering unless the data plan includes the facility, I've moved it to the Galaxy S2 (Sprint) section.