How to get Google Voice to notify like this?

1. seancojr

seancojr Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

its an app called SMS Popup by Adam K (theres 2 apps named this in the market.... the one by Adam K is the one you want)
    seancojr likes this.
  3. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

Additionally, it will probably also require turning on the SMS alerts in Google Voice and creating a contact that has the Google Voice SMS number in it so that SMS Popup will display 'Google Voice' as the originator just like in that example.
    seancojr likes this.
  4. seancojr

seancojr Member

Oh, I see. Thanks for the tip. I'm familiar with that app by name, but wasn't sure.

Not what I was hoping to learn - so it's just a personalized display via a contact record entry.

In any case, thank you both for the replies. I really do appreciate it.
  5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

That's SMS forwarding. Be aware that you can be billed for SMS forwarding if you don't have a messaging bundle from your carrier. If you do have one, messages will count against it with forwarding enabled.
    seancojr likes this.
  6. decalex

decalex Well-Known Member

just wanna spread the word -- there's finally an app on the market that supports Google Voice Notification popups, actually using the Google Voice App.

I'm not the developer and have no affill with the company, but been waiting for this forever. I posted here-- totally worth checking out!

[APP] [OMG] Google Voice SMS Popup Notifications - xda-developers
  7. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member