• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to get Hulu on Google TV

jdmnash

Lurker
Nov 15, 2010
Short answer: Playon Media Server

There's a free 14 day trial.
Google TV is now an officially supported device.
Access to Hulu and ESPN3 (depending on your isp) among about every other online video source.

Pricing:
$40 for the first year, $20/year after that or,
$80 one time fee.

It works great for me. The idea is you have a PC running in another room that acts as a media server, and Google TV is a client. You access the server via "gtv.playon.tv" from the browser within Google TV. You can also access all media from other supported devices (i-anything, ps3, wii, xbox, etc.)

The exact URL is gtv.playon.tv I also have been using it through the trial and so far really enjoy it. Google claimed yesterday talks with the "Networks" are going well so hopefully this isn't a permanent fix. The one time fee is nice but I would wait it out I am constantly getting emails from a previous trial of playon I used when it first came out. You can get the lifetime for $40 every now and then. Also check yugster.com they have Playon deals quite frequently.

Upvote 0
Thanks, fixed the typo. I got the premium license on sale for $40 (as an upgrade from basic which cost $20) The price I paid is about 4 months old though.

Tversity is a similar option. haven't used it though.

I feel like the 'talks with networks' will result in a monthly fee (hulu plus ring a bell?). The one time fee beats any monthly fee if you ask me, especially if playon comes out with an app in january that natively supports GTV.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones