How to get into safe mode? HTC Magic stuck after bootingSupport

Last Updated:

1. yclian

yclian New Member This Topic's Starter

I just installed an app (Contact Owner) and once I rebooted my phone, I can never get back into the system.

That shall be the only harmful action that I had done, can I know if there's any way that I can boot into safe mode to uninstall that particular app?

Thanks a lot.

Note:

I read some links, including this. Some said, HOME + Power, some said MENU + Power. Am trying both now and see which is gonna work.

Tried both, not working :( How long do I have to press on the buttons? Is the "Power" button the right most bottom button?

Advertisement
  2. yclian

yclian New Member This Topic's Starter

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

I cant say the Magic works like the Dream ... but i would think it should ...

Turn the Phone OFF (pull battery if necessary)

So hold the MENU button and press the POWER button ... then continue to hold the menu button until you see "Safe Mode" in transparent lettering" in the lower left corner of the screen ....

4. gst4r

gst4r Member

I had the same problem. Took me a while to reboot after Contact Owner failed on me. I'm using the HTC Magic by Rogers and I don't recommend downloading this app.

5. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Well-Known Member

There is a way to delete apps from your computer when you have the device plugged in. I'll try to explain it when I get home.