• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to get into safe mode? HTC Magic stuck after booting

yclian

Lurker
Jul 29, 2009
I just installed an app (Contact Owner) and once I rebooted my phone, I can never get back into the system.

That shall be the only harmful action that I had done, can I know if there's any way that I can boot into safe mode to uninstall that particular app?

Thanks a lot.

Note:

I read some links, including this. Some said, HOME + Power, some said MENU + Power. Am trying both now and see which is gonna work.

Tried both, not working :( How long do I have to press on the buttons? Is the "Power" button the right most bottom button?

I just installed an app (Contact Owner) and once I rebooted my phone, I can never get back into the system.

That shall be the only harmful action that I had done, can I know if there's any way that I can boot into safe mode to uninstall that particular app?

Thanks a lot.

Note:

I read some links, including this. Some said, HOME + Power, some said MENU + Power. Am trying both now and see which is gonna work.

Tried both, not working :( How long do I have to press on the buttons? Is the "Power" button the right most bottom button?

I cant say the Magic works like the Dream ... but i would think it should ...

Turn the Phone OFF (pull battery if necessary)

So hold the MENU button and press the POWER button ... then continue to hold the menu button until you see "Safe Mode" in transparent lettering" in the lower left corner of the screen ....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones