How to get more RAM?Support

Last Updated:

1. Kridons

Kridons Active Member

How do i get more ram cause my phone just loses and loses RAM MB and then loses battery in a FLASH

2. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

RAM is being used if you have a lot of apps running. Go to Settings>Applications>Running services and you see what is running and how much RAM you have left. You can force quit any apps that you are not using and free up ram. This is like Android's in-home task manager.

Also, you can go to Settings>About Phone>Battery>Battery Use and see what is using up most of your battery life. This will tell you what you should cut back on or (again) what apps that you aren't using are running down your battery.

Typically I will find that apps always running are like Backgrounds or Coveroid. I barely ever use them and so I just uninstall them because they sometimes open themselves for whatever reason.

Hope this helps! Good luck
  3. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

The only way to get more RAM would be to flash +64MB kernel, which takes some of the reserved GPU RAM back.
  4. Kridons

Kridons Active Member

still just gets less and less :( i wanna be able to play atleast dungeon defenders
  5. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

This, I did not know. Thanks for the input! ;)
  6. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

DD works fine without any dicking about for me.
  7. parampreet

parampreet New Member

Install a task manager like Advanced Task Killer to limit the number of applications running the background. Kill off any unnecessary apps and then try running the game.
  8. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

You'll kill apps, and they'll reload again. I'm against task killers, Android manages your RAM just fine on it's own.
  9. Android2230

Android2230 Active Member

Don't use task killer! Android 2.1 and up have the new version of the linux kernel which has a built in task killer. If you have a task killer, it is probably costing you RAM. Also, 128 MB is reserved for the GPU. And you can play Dungeon Defenders fine, even the Tegra Zone version.
  10. andsa

andsa Well-Known Member

when u open the game, android phones automaticly kills some unused apps to "welcome" the new one;):p