• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to get music in the "library"

Butterbean

Lurker
Dec 2, 2010
Well i "mounted my HTC on my laptop on put 700 songs of mine onto a folder Simply named "music", while using poweramp App i cannot seem to figure out how to move music from my folder to the Library. I would really like it, if i could navigate through my Artist and, not have it all bunched.

if anyone can help, I will be very thankful :eek:

Try going to PowerAMP > Settings > Music Folders; check the one that your music is in, and no other ones. Otherwise it'll find ringtones and such. When you're done, hit Rescan Folders

and then go to your home screen and into android settings
Applications > manage applications > All (helps to hit menu and sort by size and then hit menu again and sort by name. sometimes it doesn't sort by name initially) > Poweramp > Force Stop.

When you reopen PowerAMP it should be there.

Upvote 0
Try a battery pull? I don't know; the same thing happened to me. I synced with doubletwist over wifi, and the updated playlists didn't show up in poweramp until the next day after I had rebooted from bump charging.

Hopefully Poweramp will address this. You could always clear its application data in the same screen you force stopped it. I was reluctant to do this becuase it downloaded a bunch of artwork for me and i didn't want to lose it.

Reactions: Butterbean
Upvote 0
I think i found the problem I reopened it and it said it has to be downloaded to the android itself (poweramp does not run the music in the Library i think???) anyways how do i download my music to the phone? any other way than just by folder?

FOUND THE SOLUTION:

Open the stock Music application that came with the phone, hit the button in the lower left, and then go to the playlist thing on the bottom. You'll see a spinning progress indicator on the top right below the clock. Once that goes away, fire up PowerAMP and it's there.

That's how it goes for me.

Edit: I go to the playlist tab, but I think it's the same indicator for all the tabs. I wanted my playlist to sync. PowerAMP had actually found the songs I put on with Airsync, but not the playlist. Doing this made it find the playlist. Go figure.

Upvote 0
This is an issue that has popped up on the PowerAMP forums with music being on the internal storage. The HTC Music app can find the music just fine, but PowerAMP can't. It shows up in PowerAMP's Folder view, but not elsewhere. But they aren't alone, I tried several other players, and none that I tried could see the music on internal storage at all.

Upvote 0
According to the developer, it should be seeing the music since they just use the System Library (the same thing the stock player uses). But clearly it doesn't work right.

They stated that in a future version, they won't be using the System Library, and will be using their own. So for now, it doesn't look like there is a fix.

Kind of a bummer since we have all that space available and it would be a perfect place to store music. No one seems to see internal storage though, so I am not being to harsh on PowerAMP over the issue. I bought it anyway.

Your best bet would be to register on their site, and subscribe to the thread so that you can see if any fixes or suggestions are posted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones