• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to get music on Galaxy Note 3

greenwells

Lurker
May 9, 2014
I have a new Note 3 but cannot get music to work. There is an app called "music" which contains one song (Over the horizon - Samsung). I cannot see any way to purchase other music from this app. So I tried Play Store and successfully purchased one song. I can play this - but only from Play Store. If I go back into "music", it does not list the song I have just purchased. I'm sure this is very basic - but I can't figure out how to make it work. Help, please.

I have a new Note 3 but cannot get music to work. There is an app called "music" which contains one song (Over the horizon - Samsung). I cannot see any way to purchase other music from this app. So I tried Play Store and successfully purchased one song. I can play this - but only from Play Store. If I go back into "music", it does not list the song I have just purchased. I'm sure this is very basic - but I can't figure out how to make it work. Help, please.

Try hitting the app 'my files' then All/Device Storage/music.
If not then search your phone for the file you downloaded, you can do this by using the 'S Finder' feature with your Pen hovered over the screen pressing the button.
To get music on my phone, I first "purchase" the MP3 online, usually on my PC, then transfer it to my SD card on the Note 3 using the USB cable used for charging your phone, it's the easiest way for me and many others.

Reactions: greenwells
Upvote 0

Which menu are you entering to look at your purchased music?

Upvote 0
It is, in fact, Google "Play Music" that I enter to see the tracks I have purchased. These tracks must be on the Note 3 (not played from the cloud somewhere) because they will play even if I put the Note3 into flight mode. However, I cannot find them anywhere even though I have thoroughly searched the Note3 file structure. I thought that Android/data/com.google.android.music/files looked promising but this folder is empty. I also USB connected the Note3 to my Windows 7 laptop and tried the Windows Media Player sync function. This found the MP3 file in the Samsung music folder - but not any of the Google Play Music tracks. It would be good to be able to play the music on my PC also. I expect this is a policy on Googles part to prevent users from using other players to play the music and possibly also an anti-piracy ploy. I am new to this business of using computers and phones to play music - I have never had an ipod or anything like that and I do not have any existing MP3 files. How do people usually get their music? I note that Amazon allows you to purchase MP3 files and the article I read says this is controversial because these files to not have "DRM protection".

Upvote 0
It is, in fact, Google "Play Music" that I enter to see the tracks I have purchased. These tracks must be on the Note 3 (not played from the cloud somewhere) because they will play even if I put the Note3 into flight mode. However, I cannot find them anywhere even though I have thoroughly searched the Note3 file structure. I thought that Android/data/com.google.android.music/files looked promising but this folder is empty. I also USB connected the Note3 to my Windows 7 laptop and tried the Windows Media Player sync function. This found the MP3 file in the Samsung music folder - but not any of the Google Play Music tracks. It would be good to be able to play the music on my PC also. I expect this is a policy on Googles part to prevent users from using other players to play the music and possibly also an anti-piracy ploy. I am new to this business of using computers and phones to play music - I have never had an ipod or anything like that and I do not have any existing MP3 files. How do people usually get their music? I note that Amazon allows you to purchase MP3 files and the article I read says this is controversial because these files to not have "DRM protection".

Are you using 4.3 Jelly Bean or 4.4 KitKat?

Upvote 0

Install File Explorer HD with Clouds free from the Google Play store and then open File Explorer HD with Clouds and click on the button named "Music".

If you click on the button that is 2nd from the right at the bottom of the File Explorer HD with Clouds application it will pop up a menu which will give you the option to sort by "Last modified ascending order" which will put all of the music files which the application finds at the top

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones