How to get my wife to love the IncredibleGeneral

Last Updated:

1. magnum003

magnum003 Member This Topic's Starter

I have pre-ordered the D-Inc for both myself and my wife. I've currently got the Eris which I will be selling when the D-Inc arrives. My wife has used the Eris and gets frustrated with some of the functions. I've narrowed her gripes down to a simple list and I'm hoping you guys might be able to help me get her over these hurdles.

1. When she is driving, is there a simple way to keep the screen always on...is there a driving widget that would set this or something?

2. When driving again...if she receives a call and is streaming pandora through an aux jack, what will happen to the call if she answers it? Will the voice on the other end play through the car speakers and will the caller hear her through the speakerphone? Will pandora pause and resume once the call completes?

3. Is there a way to see the most popular apps (paid and free) off all time in the Market? I know androlib.com doesn't really show this (only "top of the day")? I'd like to be able to get her started on a few good apps and have her be able to see what other people are using without having to filter through all of the clutter in the market. She uses an iTouch and seems to like the layout of the App Store there.

I think those are the main points. I for one, can't deal with the iTouch interface after using Android for these last few months. I'm all fired up for this phone and really want my wife to love it.

Advertisement
  2. magnum003

magnum003 Member This Topic's Starter

And if anyone can think of any cool things she could do with Android that might be useful for a stay-at-home mom of twin 1yr olds.

3. AcePuppy

AcePuppy Well-Known Member

Unfortunately your asking many questions, people can't answer since a majority haven't got there phones. I'm sure someone has an answer in there, I don't but just giving you a heads up.

4. AcePuppy

AcePuppy Well-Known Member

By the way, keeping the phone constantly on with a widget while driving will kill the battery, you will almost surely need it connected using the car charger at many points in time if you go that route.

5. taylorar

taylorar Member

I've been having the same thoughts... My wife is a stay at home mom as well and while I haven't found any apps that I thought were purely awesome aps for her, I am getting the "My coupons" "Keyring Rewards Cards" and "Shop Savvy" for her as she does 95% of the shopping. Those alone should save her time and energy.