• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to get out of a ClockworkMod Recovery BootLoop

This is the short story about it; I tried to customize the phone ring to my contact but failed...I tried a gps but always reboot, I tried some other app's were always reboot. I know and I am aware :thinking:IF:thinking: I don't put anything, this phone is like a bitch with 2016 max without rebooting problem at all even I did it lately today it was 4500 something but.....I miss many things...imo, the best set for me was...all regular/casual so I can customize whatever i want then plaque kernel...it was the best for me; i want to back there...

Upvote 0
This is the short story about it; I tried to customize the phone ring to my contact but failed...I tried a gps but always reboot, I tried some other app's were always reboot. I know and I am aware :thinking:IF:thinking: I don't put anything, this phone is like a bitch with 2016 max without rebooting problem at all even I did it lately today it was 4500 something but.....I miss many things...imo, the best set for me was...all regular/casual so I can customize whatever i want then plaque kernel...it was the best for me; i want to back there...

You don't necessarily need to be 2ghz Max. If you want the phone to not reboot and be stable try downgrading the clock rate to 1.9ghz or lower...

Upvote 0
If i want to back at 100 percent stock (i dont care anything on my app/ etc...) can I simply go to privacy then factory reset?
all that does is wipe data, cache, and sd-ext. It WILL NOT reinstall anything thats been removed/deleted, nor will it touch recovery.img or the boot.img (kernel), or revert any mods for theming etc.

Basically all it does is remove all your user data and any apps you installed by normal means.

Upvote 0
If you get stuck in a Boot loop to where every time it only goes straight to Clockworkmod recovery when your phone boots up, put this file on your sd card and flash it in recovery and reboot and you should be Good to go. Credit goes to mtmichaelson.

ClockworkMod Bootloop Fix

Omg why didnt ifind this 2 days ago when i thought i bricked my coworkers phone lol? I eded up replacing her phone, i work at metro corp store :). By the way, ave u heard anything bout that option i pmed u about?

Upvote 0
i have desire s (s-on hboot 2.00.0002) rooted with cwm recovery.i installed a custom rom also made a nandroid backup of my system b4 that from recovery but now when i restore the backup my phone just boots inot recovery i mean to say its a bootloop i also tried to flash the attachment but it stucks at installing exitrecovery.sh i waited for 10 min almost but no luck...
is there any other method to get rid of this recovery boot loop.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones