How to get out of a ClockworkMod Recovery BootLoop

Last Updated:

1. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

If you get stuck in a Boot loop to where every time it only goes straight to Clockworkmod recovery when your phone boots up, put this file on your sd card and flash it in recovery and reboot and you should be Good to go. Credit goes to mtmichaelson.

ClockworkMod Bootloop Fix

Advertisement
  2. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Good, people will be needing this, but think you'll have a hard time organizing the stickies lol.
  3. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Not going to sticky it. Dont have room so its linked in the All Things Root Guide. ;)
  4. Androidkucool

Androidkucool Well-Known Member

now, I am stuck at recovery I did flash this recovery fix, but I got a 'bad' error message something can not open the sd card thing. any help please?:( saying installation aborted (bad);....can not open sd card zip
  5. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Try redownloading it. Sounds like you got a bad download
    Androidkucool likes this.
  6. Androidkucool

I did about 4 times already but I tried it again, it is very small right about 154kb, it is about 2 seconds on my slow internet.
  7. Androidkucool

I try a different card now ; it works like a champ...phew...u r my savior........
  8. Androidkucool

This is the short story about it; I tried to customize the phone ring to my contact but failed...I tried a gps but always reboot, I tried some other app's were always reboot. I know and I am aware :confused:IF:confused: I don't put anything, this phone is like a bitch with 2016 max without rebooting problem at all even I did it lately today it was 4500 something but.....I miss many things...imo, the best set for me was...all regular/casual so I can customize whatever i want then plaque kernel...it was the best for me; i want to back there...
  9. Androidkucool

If i want to back at 100 percent stock (i dont care anything on my app/ etc...) can I simply go to privacy then factory reset?
  10. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

If you have clockwork recovery and all that no. Only way is to update to the C update. And if you want to root again you have to downgrade
  11. Androidkucool

12. bandit23rd

bandit23rd Member

U gotta rename the file to update and install update from sdcard
  13. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

You don't necessarily need to be 2ghz Max. If you want the phone to not reboot and be stable try downgrading the clock rate to 1.9ghz or lower...
  14. LDrifta

LDrifta No Stranger 2 Danger Guide

thats really all you need to do to downgrade? so if i update to zvc then rename that rom to update.zip and flash it.... than ill be downgraded back to zvb?
  15. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

No that wouldnt work. If it did we'd being doing that instead of using LGNPST.:D Right now you have to use LGNPST to downgrade.
  16. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

all that does is wipe data, cache, and sd-ext. It WILL NOT reinstall anything thats been removed/deleted, nor will it touch recovery.img or the boot.img (kernel), or revert any mods for theming etc.

Basically all it does is remove all your user data and any apps you installed by normal means.
  17. CallMeRicky

CallMeRicky Member

Hey I did this and I thought it had worked until it started to boot,lg logo, lg animation thing,black screen,boot again, lg logo, lg animation thing, black screen, over and over and over again. HELP
  18. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

you need to download exitrecovery.zip and put it on your sd card and flash it in recovery. ;)
    nasscar likes this.
  19. LX

LX Well-Known Member

Omg why didnt ifind this 2 days ago when i thought i bricked my coworkers phone lol? I eded up replacing her phone, i work at metro corp store :). By the way, ave u heard anything bout that option i pmed u about?
  20. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

cubandanger05, I'm cuban too. Do you live in Miami?
  21. LX

LX Well-Known Member

No man, tampa.
  22. Ani01

Ani01 New Member

i have desire s (s-on hboot 2.00.0002) rooted with cwm recovery.i installed a custom rom also made a nandroid backup of my system b4 that from recovery but now when i restore the backup my phone just boots inot recovery i mean to say its a bootloop i also tried to flash the attachment but it stucks at installing exitrecovery.sh i waited for 10 min almost but no luck...
    is there any other method to get rid of this recovery boot loop.
  23. mario16

mario16 Well-Known Member

The recovery boot loop zip in drop box doesn'twork
  24. golephish

golephish Well-Known Member

25. Emmaushornet33

Emmaushornet33 Well-Known Member

How do you flash it ?