How to get out of a ClockworkMod Recovery BootLoop

1. androiduser96

androiduser96 Well-Known Member

1. Get SD card out of phone.
    2. Put it in your computer, if you have the adapter, or put the SD card on another device.

Thats how I did it :)
  2. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

This is worth a BUMP-Seems a few have been needing this lately(You testin'-flashin' Foos:eek:
    Always a good idea to download to your esternal SD right after root and leave it there just in case.
    Props to Shiny for the OP and MT for the creation:cool:
    Here is a video(Sorry if your neck hurts after watching it-will flip it in a few):eek:Last part was good for a laugh for sure:p

Exitrecovery Video.mp4 - YouTube
  3. sikmyduk

sikmyduk New Member

lg optimus s is rooted fine and i have grom. i used rom manager premium to install clockwork mod revovery and now every time i boot up it goes to recovery. clockworkmod v5.0.2.7 HELP

itried exitrecovery and got E:Error in /sdcard/exitrecovery.zip
  4. gbiggie

Did you try flashing the exitrecovery.zip:confused:
  5. abeauvais

abeauvais New Member

Just wondering this issue i am having. My thunderbolt Bootloops in the middle of clockworkmod, and says E:/cannot mount chache/recovery and log but when i run this zip it wont finish in time
  6. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Because the zip wasn't made for the thunderbolt ._. (I think)
  7. gbiggie

Might want to take a look over
    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=2565060
    There might be some useful info to get you out of the problem:thumbup:
  8. PepperHead

PepperHead Member

LG Spectrum - Rooted. CWM recovery 5.8.2.0

Put exitrecovery.zip on root of SD card. Choose it, applied it, Installaton Complete. You may now reboot your phone.

Reboot goes right back in CWM recovery. Tried 3 times, same results. :confused:

Help,
    Mark (aka PepperHead)
  9. gbiggie

PepperHead likes this.
  10. nasscar

nasscar Member

Dude, this saved my butt, THANKS MUCH. Now I get an error message saying that I need to have a METRO SIM card. Small problem compared to being totally screwed, if anything I can get one from Metro but is there a work around to this?

Also, as long as Im rooted, I was enjoying playing with different ROMS. Any suggestions so I dont have this cataclism again?
  11. gbiggie

Take look in your settings-about phone-what does the prl say/phone number is still there also? Let me know pls.
    As for the choice of ROMs they are all here dependent on the version you are on:
    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=3617400
    You'll just have to do some trial and error(hopefully more trying) to see what works best for your phone:)
  12. nasscar

nasscar Member

the PRL Version is 3029. this is all new to me so I have no idea whether that is a good thing or a bad thing, or any thing :rolleyes:

As for the sim card issue .... it turns out that a spec of dust can go a long way in screwing up a perfectly good droid!

thanks,
    paul
  13. gbiggie

3029 is the latest Paul so that's good:thumbup:
    I was asking as a lot of esteem's seem to magically go into "test" mode(prl would say 40000:eek:)
    What happened with the card:confused:
  14. skrapmetal

skrapmetal Well-Known Member

Another thing I've done when stuck in a boot loop is remove the battery, and hold down both volume buttons and the power button simultaneously for 5-10 seconds. That has worked for me in the past.
  15. nasscar

nasscar Member

I pulled the sim out, figuring I would see if I could do something before trekking to Metro, and there it was, sitting there like it was on a dinner plate, a tiny dog hair. How it got there I have no idea, but once I shooed it away, the sim worked fine.

Im just glad to be up and running again. Its midterms for me and I was torn between writing about 'the exclusionary rule of evidence' and the three exceptions or trying to unbrick my cell. seems both will work out now.
  16. bluemonster

bluemonster New Member

how do you flash something on a lg android esteem? or how do you flash something in recovery?
  17. gbiggie

What's going on with your phone:confused:
  18. the anonymous

the anonymous Member

19. gbiggie

20. the anonymous

the anonymous Member

does it only work for the lg esteem?
  21. gbiggie

22. the anonymous

the anonymous Member

God i feel dumb... the link in the first post seemed general. I've got the galaxy player 5.0, us version, and i can't find a lot of support for it
  23. max25002

max25002 Well-Known Member

Newbie's This Day's Lol Huh Biggie ;)
  24. gbiggie

No its all good!
    Welcome to AF BTW:)
    That's a phone-Samsung or?
    Looked for something in the device list but didn't see anything.
    If you have a model I could match it up that way also.
    Will be back in a few.hours-5am EST comes.quick :(
  25. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

We've all been there ;)
    And galaxy player? What's it doing? Maybe I can find something that may help you, no guarantees though.