How to get photos from phone to computer

1. effluent

effluent Well-Known Member

Dumb question but how? Had the phone since launch and I must not take many pictures because I hadn't tried to transfer photos off the phone until today except for a couple 'shares' to Facebook. Was about to do this and can't find where they are on the sd card.

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

They default to the phone memory, not the SD card
  3. effluent

I was wondering, but there are times where there are errors trying to take photos saying invalid file permissions with the sd card or can't view the photos because it's not detecting the sd card. So if they are in phone memory, how do I get them off? And can you change to have them go to the card?
  4. denise1768

denise1768 Well-Known Member

The default on mine WAS the SD card.

Are you sure? Did you look at the DCIM folder?
  5. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

Photos default to the SD card in /DCIM/100Media

I don't even think there's a way to change it to internal ROM.
    HTCRALEIGHFAN likes this.
  6. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Did you do the firmware update that came out on release day? That was a fix for the problems you mentioned. Also, formatting the card on your own fixes it without the update.
  7. effluent

I did find the photos btw just didn't know which folder to look in. As for card errors I did get that update. IM about to get a new 16 gig card anyway.
  8. nRRe

nRRe Well-Known Member

i'm lazy, and instead of trying to hassle with the cord, i simply email myself the pics from the phone...than get on the laptop and open them up.

i <3 technology
  9. Brent Pierce

Brent Pierce Well-Known Member

Use Dropbox.
    Upload to android app, then you will have on any computer that has your dropbox installed. Very convenient.
  10. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

Good call, thanks. I guess it's an evo - incredible difference, my pics are defaulting to phone memory.... Weird, figured it would be the same, guess not
  11. HTCRALEIGHFAN

HTCRALEIGHFAN Well-Known Member

thank you for the info!
  12. tomhagen

tomhagen Well-Known Member

How do you get the pics on the PC using USB?

Thanks