1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

How to get photos to save on sd card?Support

1. mrsstraty

mrsstraty Active Member

I dont see an option as to where to save the pictures to. In gallery the pictures come up as camera but when im searching the sd card i dont see or cant find the pictures. I also just deleted all pictures by mistake that were on my sd card, which were Thousands, because the card was transferred from my bb storm 2. I think they are on my laptop though. I was searching around in my files and seen blackberry and thought, wow dont need that folder anymore, and bam all my pictures gone but there should of been pictures that were recently taken on my fascinate. Im baffled. I can only see the pictures in gallery under camera not when searching the card.

Thank you,

Carlissa

Advertisement
    catherineahue likes this.
  2. grin0048

grin0048 Well-Known Member

The camera pictures are saved to /sdcard/DCIM/Camera
  3. drapbrown

drapbrown Member

I have the same problem. I dont understand how the response clears it up. I want pictures saved to my SD csrd. How do I do that?
  4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Pictures default to the sdcard I dont even think you can save them on the internal storage. And as grin0048 said already they are saved in sdcard/DCIM/Camera
  5. msbell

msbell New Member

so what does it mean when you take out your external memory to get some pictures printed and there are no pictures there?

please help
  6. tgulch22

tgulch22 Well-Known Member

They are not saved to the root directory on the SDcard. Meaning that they are not just ON the SD card. They are in a folder on the SD card. DCIM folder to be exact. That is the only place they save. So if you take your SD card out of your phone and put it in a reader for a computer, you have to navigate to the DCIM folder on the SD Card. Just like any digital camera saves pictures to a DCIM folder on their memory card.
  7. tase25

tase25 Well-Known Member

Mine alsosaves onto internal.do you guys have 16gb internal memory as well?
  8. nunyazz

nunyazz Well-Known Member

The phone only has 2GB of internal memory. The 16GB is your SDCARD.
  9. tase25

tase25 Well-Known Member

Actually, I have the version from Telus, and it's actually a 16GB built in.
  10. nunyazz

nunyazz Well-Known Member

And I was supposed to know you are on Telus because......??
  11. tase25

tase25 Well-Known Member

Well you cant assume that the OP doesnt have a 16gb either.
  12. kimbtlr

kimbtlr New Member

my files->dcim->camera...go to the menu at the bottom left and hit more..then highlight "copy" and ext sd...

it's on the internal sd on mine.
  13. tgulch22

tgulch22 Well-Known Member

except for the fact this is not the telus forum...there is a different forum for the telus fascinate
  14. touchy89

touchy89 New Member

how can I get my pics moved to my sd card on my phone