• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to get rid of junk email to android?

bmjabber2

Lurker
Nov 2, 2012
I am getting junk email onto my Android Atrix 2. (Windows Live Mail only...G mail is fine)

I have a spam filter and junk mail blocking on my Windows Live mail on computer which works well, but don't know how to stop this junk email from getting to my phone.

Thanks
Barbara

Hi Barbara. I'm sorry no one's offered help yet, but this board isn't very active. :(

I have an Atrix 2, too, but I don't have any experience with Windows Live mail, so I don't know how helpful I can be.

Are you using an app to access your WL mail, or are you using your phone's built-in e-mail accounts function?

If you're using an app, I'd suggest checking its settings to see if there's anything you can adjust there.

Likewise, if you're using the built-in 'Accounts' feature, go through every page and setting for your WL account and see if there's anything to tweak there.

I'd also suggest logging in directly to your WL account (via web browser, I'm guessing) and checking its settings. There may be a spam filter option you can enable there. I know there is for my Earthlink account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones