how to get sprint htc evo 4g lte using verizon towers??

Last Updated:

EVILTEDDI Well-Known Member

so I just moved to a place where sprint doesnt have 4g service and I know that verizon has 4g service in this area is there anyway i can make my sprint htc evo 4g lte to use the verizon towers so i can have 4g again :/ please help!

2. jackie08

jackie08 Member

Pretty sure there no way 2 total different radios and frequency. :rolleyes:

3. windsorclarenc

windsorclarenc Well-Known Member

Use roam only mode, I believe. But from what I've heard Sprint might cancel your contact. Or I think there may be a way to flash Verizon radios. But again if Sprint catches on they'll cancel your contact.

So if I used roam only mode i would have the 4g lte speed the the verizon towers provide? and i dont care about sprint canceling my contract it already ended im paying monthly :p

also how do i put my phone in "roam only mode" ?? i dont see any options for that?
  5. windsorclarenc

windsorclarenc Well-Known Member

I think you have to flash a zip found on XDA Developers. I don't know too much about it because I've never used it.
  6. jackie08

jackie08 Member

There an app in the play store called rom control or there was but that still won't get you 4g lte from Verizon on your sprint phone. :rolleyes:

7. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

This is correct. Our phone won't be able to connect to Verizon's 4G. There is a flashable zip somewhere, I'll have to look, to get the roam control like windsor stated above.

If someone locates it before I do, please post up a link where it is so we can get it added to the sticky
    ocnbrze and 3vodroid like this.

awhhh damn :/ so getting the roam control is pointless to me if i cant connect to verizons 4g? unless the verizon 3g connection is faster than sprints 3g....

if im unable to connect to 4g using verizon towers is there anyway i can get a verizon 4g phone, flash it to some local cell company that uses the verizon towers and pay cheaper than the 120$ a month for the 4gb plan that verizon offers -_-
  9. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

I'm not sure if verizon has any sub carriers that are offering 4G?:confused:

Also I'm not sure if flashing a phone from Verizon to say Virgin Mobile is possible, like Sprint to Boost Phones.

In the end I'll not recommend trying this either way, Sprint or Verizon. The process involves changing some of the radio info which can easily brick the device if not done perfectly.

give me another minute and I'll track down that Roam control mod. :)

Here is the original thread for the roaming options. I'm not 100% sure if this still works the newer roms as the flashable zip shown in the thread. "Most" of the newer roms have this baked in, so you more than likely would have an easier time flashing an updated rom with it cooked in. :)

Also if you do choose to roam only you may get a nasty gram from sprint. See this thread for more info on excessive roaming on Sprint:
    ocnbrze likes this.
  10. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

As mentioned before, you can't connect to verizons four gees

not even the 4g wimax? :c

okay thanks a lot but do you think you can link me a guide to root my evo 4g lte version 4.0.4
  13. Rxpert83

We have a rooting guide right at the top of this forum. It's got everything you need in there to get started.

If you've taken any OTA updates you'll have to use HTC dev
    ocnbrze likes this.
  14. kucougar

kucougar New Member

what about the evo 3g phone... i read somewhere that the evo 3g had both radio's in it for both lte & wimax. -- Am I correct with this?
  15. Rxpert83

Our phones don't have WiMAX radio

The OG EVO can pick up Verizon's 3g as can the EVO 4g LTE.

You can't get another carrier's 4g
    ocnbrze and Granite1 like this.
  16. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Viper4G has roam only built in, fwiw.
    ocnbrze and CriticalCritic like this.
  17. isaemm

isaemm Well-Known Member

They will cancel your service even if you are off contract.
    ocnbrze and EarlyMon like this.