How to get the aaa password off a optimus v

Last Updated: 2013-02-19 00:08:19
  1. asadullah

asadullah Well-Known Member

I'm getting tired and super lazy so just watch the video download links are in the description if need be I'll write stuff on this first post LOL watch here

Here is a very detailed ...experience that you should read here that should help you with any questions that may arise.

Don't forget to hit thanks

Advertisement
    reidi, tli, sammyz and 1 other person like this.
  2. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

You will have allot of people lost if you don't explain what this is and is for.
  3. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

All members that are rooted need to watch the video. Everything is explained in the video.
    I bricked my first V so bad I had to flash an S firmware to straighten it out. I had to use a .bin which zero's out the MEID, ESN, AAA.
    This could happen to anybody.
    assadulah's video explains how to see your AAA code, which then needs to be wrote down and saved in case of a bad brick like mine.

I will never be able to have data on the now unbricked V, unless I beg Virgin Mobile to reprogram my phone, because I never wrote down my AAA code. When they got zero'd out I couldn't write them back to the phone, because I didn't know them.

Again, all members that root should now do two very important things.
    1. Install a custom recovery and make a backup.
    2. Watch this video and write down your AAA code.
    tli likes this.
  4. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

That's the thing Andy. When I followed the other guide, no one said anything in it about AAA codes, keys, whatever they are. Tons of us followed that guide and now have a phone we cannot use unless VM reprograms it.
  5. AndyOpie150

I know, that's why I don't want any other members to be in the same boat as us.
    We need to get this in the All Things Root Guide sticky, and retrain our minds to make sure we directed members to it when rooting and installing a custom recovery.
    Very, very, important stuff for sure.
  6. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Well-Known Member

AndyOpie150, you can still use the phone for wifi and calling and text, just no data.
  7. AndyOpie150

Cool! Glad to hear it. I thought it was just down to being an MP3 playing WiFi device. I will keep that in mind when both good ones have finally bitten the dust sometime in 2014-15. Maybe a way to figure out the AAA code on zero'd out devices will be discovered by then.
  8. MCPhotographer

MCPhotographer Active Member

Exactly. Wouldn't have heard/read anything about it if I hadn't asked an unrelated question wherein you referred me to this video.
  9. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

This really should be stickied as well, not just ATR thread, but stickied too.
    Another important number to write down is your MIN.
  10. MCPhotographer

What is your MIN? What is it for and where do I find it?
  11. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

It is a Mobile Identification Number, and without it, you can't make calls/receive calls, and cant send/receive text. You can find it in Settings>About Phone>Phone Status
  12. MCPhotographer

Thanks. I found it. Appreciate the heads up. Any other numbers I need to know before I try to do this? Still need a version of that program to get the MSL so that's holding everything up.
  13. MCPhotographer

Actually I should ask the follow up obvious question. Once I have the MIN what do I do with it, where do I put it?
  14. AndyOpie150

Write it down along with the AAA code and put them someplace you will remember so you can find them in the future, in case you need them should the unthinkable happen.
  15. MCPhotographer

That part goes without saying. I'm asking what do I do with these numbers once i have them? Do I need to input them at some point in the process during or after I've installed the new ROM. Also, is the link you directed me to, using that software package, the only way you know of to get the MSL?
  16. AndyOpie150

The Utility that assadulah mentions in his video is the quickest and easiest way to get your MSL.
    You won't ever need the AAA, AH,MEID and MIN, unless you brick your phone (this can happen to anybody that is rooted and likes to change ROM's and recovery's, etc).
  17. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Hey guys, I'll get this stickied for you as soon as I get to my PC.

PS... I just happen to come across this by accident... if anyone ever feels like anything needs to be stickied in the future, you can always PM any of us guides or mods... or hit the report button and request a sticky...and lastly there is a "private chat with staff section" http://androidforums.com/forums/private-chat-with-staff.1247/ :)
    GKNByNW, sammyz and AndyOpie150 like this.
  18. badblue1

badblue1 * TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL * VIP Member

I don't have a computer but if i go to a friend and ask them to do this for me ,do they need to put any type of program on there computer to be able to do this for me.

Sorry i know nothing about computers.

TIA
  19. asadullah

Install the drivers from lg and reboot your phone. Then install everything in the description. Then just follow the video. You shouldn't need a friend to help you. I didn't touch a computer till 2009.
    badblue1 likes this.
  20. badblue1

Thank you so much, i thought this had to be done on a computer.
    This is great!
  21. asadullah

No you misunderstand what I'm saying you do need a computer. I'm saying you don't need your friends help you can do this yourself and should. It's basically laid out so you can just follow the video.
  22. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase Guide

23. badblue1

Ok sorry, I'll give it a try when i find someone that will show me how to use there pc.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding!
  24. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Unless his friend is like me. I don't allow anyone on my computer, much less allow em to even sit in my chair lol.

Desk = Sacred Space :p
  25. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Well-Known Member

I think he ment he dosnt have a computer.