how to get the best out of villain 12

Last Updated:

1. adz63

adz63 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok after nearly a month of trying to get it , i finally got it and have been using it for about a week , i have overclocked / underclocked and cant notice any speed difference i have it set at 294/701, is there anything else thats will get some kinda improvement out of this because as far as i can tell i have not notiiced no difference between this and 3's stock ROM Prt from the phone takes longer to boot

and what features should i be using to get its full worth

I KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO ANSWER THIS XYRO AND SLUG lol

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Am I that predictable? :D

I always stuck my phone at min: 710, max:710. Why? Because a 250-710 set up like yours, even on the 'Performance' mode, felt sluggish by comparison. The processor just can't quite jump back up to 710 quite quick enough and it makes it seem laggy.

3. adz63

adz63 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is there anything else that this ROM can do tho .ie what things can i do to it that i cant on a stock ..

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Doesn't Ninpo's recent kernel use the interactive governor with a very restricted frequency set to avoid this very problem? Erasmux got round it in FlyKernel with the "minmax" governor - there are NO intermediate frequency jumps! I'm either running full-bore @710 or idling @176, although I do underclock to 352/176 on screen_off. :)

A better question might be, "what would you like to do with/to it?" ;)

5. Xyro

Yeah it does do that (really well in fact), although I wasn't sure if adz would be using it on V12. I haven't followed V12 much since switching to froyo.

6. MF1

MF1 Well-Known Member

Hi all, slightly off topic, but I am running v12. A couple of days ago my smilie keyboard key disappeared. How do I get this back, something about commit suicide on the kb, but can't figure it out (manual smilie) :)

7. Xyro

Look in the Language and Keyboard part of the settings. Make sure HTC_IME mod is ticked, and then go to it's settings. Make sure the option for the smiley button is enabled in there.

Then to go a text box, long press on it, pick Choose Input Method and make sure HTC_IME is selected.

MF1 likes this.
  8. MF1

MF1 Well-Known Member

Ah, that's it, all working again, nice one Xyro :)