How to get the Evo for the UK?

Last Updated:

1. holybinch

holybinch New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

For obvious reason, the evo won't make its way to the other side of the pond (no 4g here)
    However, I do not care about 4g, and want that phone. Badly.
    I have contacts in the US, and I go there myself quite often for business.
    I was wondering if there was any possibility to get the phone without any kind of contract or tie-in. Unlocked would be ideal, but I'm pretty sure it is something that will be doable in the near future...

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Advertisement
  2. desairs

desairs Member

You can definitely buy the phone but it's pretty pointless considering that the phone is not GSM. You'll have to see if there is a CDMA provider around and make sure that they will activate an esn from a different network.

After this battle you'll have to get all of the settings for your network to make voice data and sms/mms work. This can be a long and tedious process.

holybinch likes this.
  3. holybinch

holybinch New Member This Topic's Starter

Alright, good to know, thanks a lot for the info Desairs.
    Can't believe we're not getting anything remotely similar. I'll have to make do with the Desire then, if we ever get some stock :)

4. desairs

desairs Member

Yeah it's sad that this isn't going to be a world phone, but I guess Sprint and HTC were more worried about the price point than the features. If this were a world phone I would expect them to charge at least $100 more than they already are. Similar to what occurred with the TP2.