How to get the incredible from verizon?

Last Updated:

1. lambo172

lambo172 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the eris and i just hate it. The keyboards slow, the phone is slow and the games don't play great at all on it too. I also rooted and it still hasn't solved my problems. So, I just want to get the incredible because its basically like the eris but a lot better and a lot of games work better, but i know the 3-d games arent the best on it. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the incredible on the discounted price from verizon. And by the way i got my eris for free with the early upgrade thing from a blackberry storm so thats gone until march.... and i swam with the eris in my pocket (and it surprisingly still works!) so the water stickers are bad... Thanks in advance!
    -lambo

Advertisement
  2. Haxcid

Haxcid Well-Known Member

You can't they will not trade. You will have to purchase one at retail price or wait till your upgrade.
    you said you have rooted but have tried another ROM? I would try xtr rom. It is very fast.

3. lambo172

I've tried a lot of rom including the xtr roms and just dont like any of them

4. BellaSkye

BellaSkye Member

have you tried kaosfroyo v32? i was in the same boat as you i hated my eris but a few days ago i rooted to kaosfroyo and i LOVE it, so much fasterrr !

5. lambo172

On kaos froyo ive had a problem that when i rebooted my phone, some of the widgets would be gone, and the app would be uninstalled from the phone.

6. ppbb

ppbb Well-Known Member

you probably had the widget apps stored on your sd card. for a froyo rom widget apps should be stored on the phones internal memory. this way after a reboot they will start right up when you reboot

7. wamsille

wamsille Well-Known Member

First, your Eris has water damage. File a claim with Insurance and get a replacement. Then root the device. Install a CM6 based ROM and watch the Eris really fly.

I'm going to be frank with you. What you are suggesting is getting "something for nothing". There is nothing in it for Verizon. If you were a longstanding customer with a history of on-time payments and repeated problems with the Eris, including documented replacements and trouble-shooting calls, then you might get an offer out of a the Eris into a new phone after three replacements.