How to get the MSL code of Kyocera Rise

1. feihongta

feihongta New Member

I tried alogcat, "getprop ril.MSL" etc., but nothing worked. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. smartmanvartan

smartmanvartan Well-Known Member Contributor

meid converter on Google play... it will calculate it with your meid... the six digits it will generate is your msl/spc... easiest way to get msl from a cdma phone :)
  3. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

... if you use MetroPCS.
  4. smartmanvartan

5. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

6. smartmanvartan

Where are you using it. Cdma workshop? How do you get this device into FTM mode?
  7. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

##DATA# then edit something
  8. smartmanvartan

OK I'll look into it but you are correct... that method did not work but it has worked for me on three other devices before this one... And I have never had a Metro PCS phone... are you with public? virgin? sprint? just out of curiosity...
  9. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

VM

Supposedly each carrier has their own secret key they use to generate MSLs. I wouldn't be surprised if PM was reusing one though.
  10. smartmanvartan

well that method worked for boost mobile users too this is the first phone it has not worked for... this phone is really locked...
  11. aislecom

aislecom New Member

any one had any luck getting spc or msl from kyocera rise virgin mobile?
  12. DMedina559

DMedina559 Well-Known Member Contributor

13. praveenrv

praveenrv New Member

1. Make sure phone is charged and has a memory card in it.

2. Connect phone to WiFi. Go to Settings > Security and make sure that the "Unknown Sources" is checked.

3. Open your phone browser and go to tools.flashingtools.com/SPCUtility.apk and let the app download.

4. Install the app then open it. Then click "Read SPC" and take note of the SPC.

Thats it.