how to get trackball LED working on froyd 1.5 ?

Last Updated:

1. adz63

adz63 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

as it says in title

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I'm not sure we ever will see it function properly, as no current handsets have one so the functionality may not be fully present in the 2.2 source.

It does work with Elelinux but most of the time I haven't a clue why! Incoming alerts, reminders etc are handled by the LED - the trackball alert seems to be used by the OS for its own mysterious purposes. Bloomin' thing has just started flashing right now for no obvious reason... :confused:

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

It does seem to flash more often on Elelinux for me, but as far as I can remember it was working on Froyd 1.5 too?

4. nedamdam

nedamdam Well-Known Member

For me it flashes when installed a program :) . When running something in background. Both screen off. (I think call and sms)

I kinda wonder if there is no official 2.2 for the Hero, and new handsets dont have the trackball , we using the nexus driver I think. Whats actually the proper function?

5. smakme7757

smakme7757 Well-Known Member

When i was on the standard Sense GUI from HTC it would flash when i recieved a message. But now on Elelinux 1.9 it just keeps flashing every 10 seconds or so.

Sometimes it doesn't do it and sometimes it does so who knows!

6. nedamdam

As I said. Something user active running in the background. Like mytracks. Then it flashes for me :). And on Sense UI it flashed on calls and sms. here + installed programs + the background active task.

I was kinda asking about the flashing in the 2.2 not the Sense UI stock since that is only 2.1 and I am not sure the driver didnt change.

7. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

I wouldnt mind if the thing wasnt so damned bright, it's woken me up in the past.

I'm almost considering performing a little bit of surgery on my hero...

8. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I worked out today that it also flashes when Setting Profiles switches to another profile, but not when SetCPU does the same. :rolleyes:

9. nedamdam

Take a black permanent maker :p maybe it wont affect the scrolling :p . Try first a non permanent one that you can easily wash with alcohol or even water :p . Maybe even something colorfull :D just to dim the white :p .

10. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Heh, at least it's not one of those blue ultrabright LEDs that were trendy a few years ago. Half the consumer electronics in my house had bits of masking tape on the front of them.