1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

how to get unavailabe?

1. newme

newme New Member

is there an app or any kind of solution to make me out of the network operator? this will make me unavailable while my phone is not turned off.
    thank you

Advertisement
  2. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

What about Airplane Mode?
  3. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member

Hi newme, and welcome to AF :)

Try selecting "airplane mode". You should find it in the wireless and network settings if you don't have a shortcut, and there are many apps that can add shortcuts to this (most likely your phone has some widget available already).

Edit: beaten to it! ;)
  4. newme

newme New Member

airplane mode is not OK. If somebody calls me, while i am in the airplane mode, he/she will be notified that my phone is switched off.Instead, i need her to think i am simply out of coverage or in a place with weak coverage.
  5. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter! Moderator

I'd recommend a call blocking app on the play store
  6. iPhone User

iPhone User Member

I'm not sure about other countries but in both Germany & France this would lead to the same message given when calling. Doesn't matter if it's off / in airplane mode / out of coverage: it would always say "User is currently unavailable, please try again later."

Are you sure it'd make a difference?
  7. newme

newme New Member

It makes a great difference. imagine this situation: you are at home relaxing and having fun with your beloved person. you don't want your boss to interrupt you. obviously you cant block your boss. plus, you cant mute your phone because boss will get angry that why you didn't pick up the phone. moreover, you cant turn it off, since boss will get upset why you turned off your phone on purpose. but you can say: sorry boss, my home is located in a place with poor network coverage.
  8. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

In both cases (airplane mode or no signal) your boss will get your voicemail. No difference.
    iPhone User likes this.
  9. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member

I think that what iPhone User meant was that on his/her network (and also on mine) there's no real difference between "turned off" or "out of cover" - the caller hears the same thing either way (in my case it goes to voicemail without ringing).
    iPhone User likes this.