• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to get unavailabe?

airplane mode is not OK. If somebody calls me, while i am in the airplane mode, he/she will be notified that my phone is switched off.Instead, i need her to think i am simply out of coverage or in a place with weak coverage.

I'm not sure about other countries but in both Germany & France this would lead to the same message given when calling. Doesn't matter if it's off / in airplane mode / out of coverage: it would always say "User is currently unavailable, please try again later."

Are you sure it'd make a difference?

Upvote 0
It makes a great difference. imagine this situation: you are at home relaxing and having fun with your beloved person. you don't want your boss to interrupt you. obviously you cant block your boss. plus, you cant mute your phone because boss will get angry that why you didn't pick up the phone. moreover, you cant turn it off, since boss will get upset why you turned off your phone on purpose. but you can say: sorry boss, my home is located in a place with poor network coverage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones