How to get your Incredible early... possibly.General

Last Updated:

1. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK. My Incredible just arrived a few minutes ago and I have to say, I wasn't entirely surprised.

Backstory: I ordered on Monday the 19th. Tried using the MyVerizon login via Firefox and couldn't log in. Spoke with a Verizon rep and he told me to call the following number: 1-800-350-2830.

After being connected to some support gal, she told me to try and connect via IE. That got me past the login but all the subsequent steps to upgrade my phone took forever to load. Finally I managed to get to the place where you Confirm Purchase and the page locked up. I couldn't finalize my purchase.

The support gal forwarded me to some other guy who had to input the info for me.

Finally he said, "OK, we have your order for the HTC Incredible placed, it should arrive in 3-4 days."
    I laughed, reminding him that the phone didn't release until the 29th.
    He sounded sort of confused, but agreed that it must just be a mistake on his part. A couple days later I start hearing reports of people getting their phone early and I realize why the guy sounded confused, apparently on his screen it showed the phone to be delivered to me early.

Moral of the story, if you haven't ordered your Incredible yet:

Call 1-800-350-2830

Tell them you're unable to finalize your purchase via MyVerizon site. Say whatever you need to impress upon them that the site isn't working for you. It took me about 45 minutes of dealing with the first gal before she finally forwarded my call to the 2nd guy.

Have them input your order manually.

I can't guarantee this will work, but it's how I got mine early.
    Post any questions you have and I'll try to answer them.
    Good luck! AFK for an hour or so.

Advertisement
  2. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member

dialing :)

3. GixxerMan51

GixxerMan51 Well-Known Member

I also called to make my order and the gal said it should be in my hands either tomarrow or monday.

4. Corallis

Corallis Active Member

Meh this was gone over in the thread where people were getting them early. Monday - and Monday only - there was a screw up in Verizon's system. It was supposed to be online only for pre-orders but people were able to call in and place orders and have them shipped. They've since locked pre-orders through the phone. Hell I called earlier to check on the status of my order since Verizon started sending me messages that my NE2 was available and I should use it and they had trouble even accessing the pre-order info.

5. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member

tried calling, no go. Wait for website to work

6. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Erm.. the website hasn't worked all week, for me anyway.

7. Blaven

Blaven Active Member

Yeah this doesn't work anymore and it was posted numerous times stating the fact.