• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to go from Cyanogen7 to Miui?

My flashing doesnt work properly. I goto reset everything and it goes smoothly as does the installing the ROM. But when i go start up my phone the Cyanogen start up screen and just keeps playing it. Any help?
Check out the Rooting for Dummies thread, it's quite helpful.

Okay, so you want to flash Miui?

Step one: Boot into Recovery and make a nandroid backup.
Step two: Wipe cache, davlik, data, and I think that's it. Some people like to wipe several times, I don't usually. There is also a flashable zip out there that does it all for you.
Step three: After you've wiped everything, flash the zip.
Step four: enjoy miui.

If that doesn't work post back.

Upvote 0
I wipe boot, system, data, cache...that covers everything. Yes its writing boot and system but do it anyhow. Dalvik is in data...unless you moved it then its in cache likely...either way explicitly wiping dalvik is only necessary if you aren't wiping data and cache like when flashing a kernel

Upvote 0
I wipe boot, system, data, cache...that covers everything. Yes its writing boot and system but do it anyhow. Dalvik is in data...unless you moved it then its in cache likely...either way explicitly wiping dalvik is only necessary if you aren't wiping data and cache like when flashing a kernel

Ahh-- good to know.
Maybe I should re-read the rooting for dummies guide ;)

Upvote 0
Check out the Rooting for Dummies thread, it's quite helpful.

Okay, so you want to flash Miui?

Step one: Boot into Recovery and make a nandroid backup.
Step two: Wipe cache, davlik, data, and I think that's it. Some people like to wipe several times, I don't usually. There is also a flashable zip out there that does it all for you.
Step three: After you've wiped everything, flash the zip.
Step four: enjoy miui.

If that doesn't work post back.

It doesn't work. After it installs and I got to start up my phone it just keeps repeating the cyanogen splash screen and never completely starts up

Upvote 0
out of curiosity what is you recovery? if you using clockwork mod 3+, it uses edify script and most files that are flashable including roms use amend. so you may have issues with miui(not sure what scripting it is using though)or other roms using clockwork mod3+. you may want to downgrade to cw2.6 or use amon ra 2.3(most people here use amon ra which i recomend). you can read and get the files in ref#1 of my sig. there should be intsructions there on how o install your new recovery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones