How to go from Cyanogen7 to Miui?

1. Joma32

Joma32 Member

Im kinda new to Rooting and I'm wondering how I can get rid of my Cyanogen7 so that I can use Miui instead.
    Please Help

Advertisement
  2. Kreeker

Kreeker Active Member

Just clear data,cache and dalvik.

Then flash cm7.

Profit?
  3. Awful

Awful Well-Known Member

Profit. :cool:
  4. Joma32

Joma32 Member

Uhm im really a noob at this but Im supposed to click from the recovery "install zip from sd card" and then select the Miui zip right? If not can someone explain to me how to do it? im still getting the cyanogen start up screen.
  5. Joma32

Joma32 Member

6. Kreeker

Kreeker Active Member

Lol that's right... Read the post too fast.
  7. Joma32

Joma32 Member

My flashing doesnt work properly. I goto reset everything and it goes smoothly as does the installing the ROM. But when i go start up my phone the Cyanogen start up screen and just keeps playing it. Any help?
  8. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Check out the Rooting for Dummies thread, it's quite helpful.

Okay, so you want to flash Miui?

Step one: Boot into Recovery and make a nandroid backup.
    Step two: Wipe cache, davlik, data, and I think that's it. Some people like to wipe several times, I don't usually. There is also a flashable zip out there that does it all for you.
    Step three: After you've wiped everything, flash the zip.
    Step four: enjoy miui.

If that doesn't work post back.
  9. evomattnc

evomattnc Well-Known Member

I wipe boot, system, data, cache...that covers everything. Yes its writing boot and system but do it anyhow. Dalvik is in data...unless you moved it then its in cache likely...either way explicitly wiping dalvik is only necessary if you aren't wiping data and cache like when flashing a kernel
  10. 9to5cynic

Ahh-- good to know.
    Maybe I should re-read the rooting for dummies guide ;)
  11. evomattnc

I should also say dalvik can be moved to the sd card so if its there then wipe it also, not the case here...just saying.
  12. evomattnc

I don't even know if that is in there...I've never actually read it...shame on me
  13. 9to5cynic

Lol, I must have read through it a dozen times before I rooted, and I think I may have skimmed a section once or twice since then. *shrug*
  14. Joma32

Joma32 Member

It doesn't work. After it installs and I got to start up my phone it just keeps repeating the cyanogen splash screen and never completely starts up
  15. Joma32

Joma32 Member

I would prefer not to lose all my txts again and numbers and such if its not gonna work soo can someone help?
  16. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

out of curiosity what is you recovery? if you using clockwork mod 3+, it uses edify script and most files that are flashable including roms use amend. so you may have issues with miui(not sure what scripting it is using though)or other roms using clockwork mod3+. you may want to downgrade to cw2.6 or use amon ra 2.3(most people here use amon ra which i recomend). you can read and get the files in ref#1 of my sig. there should be intsructions there on how o install your new recovery.
  17. 9to5cynic

SMS backup in the market will save your text messages to ( i think) your sd card. I installed it before, but I am not really concerned about losing my texts. They mostly involve matters of little importance. :)
  18. Joma32

Joma32 Member

Problem solved. I was able to flash my Miui.